THE BROWNS BOARD

Cecil Shorts top target for Browns?

BrownieMan

Cecil Shorts has never played a full season. He can't stay healthy and would be a total waste of cap space. The Browns need to be a running team seeing how our quarterback position is so stellar.

I read about this today, and I would really like the move if we added a rookie in the 3rd or so to go along with it. I really like Shorts and think he would be a very good transition for us. What do you guys think of a Cecil Shorts, Josh Harper type guy, Taylor Gabriel WR core?

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015rumors.php

Is there a FA WR or one to draft named Curly to go along with Shorts. I can see it now, "Shorts and Curly"

Another piece, but without Gordon we would still lack a go to number 1. I just don't think Shorts is that guy

Who was New England's "go to #1?" Edelman?

What about Seattle? Baldwin?

Stud #1 receivers have become about as relevant as 3-down RBs. You can find reliable guys anywhere. Shorts CAN be a great piece IF he can stay healthy for a full season... Plus, I like the fact that he's a Cleveland guy...

but we already have a roster of 'those' guys.

drafting a potential #1 this year will be no doubt IMO a top priority for farmer.

not saying farmer wastes a first rounder on one but.......if white's there at 19..........eh???????

I'd much rather have shorts than, say, Benji......so Im down with signing him......

but he's not the answer to replacing Gordon or a #1......just a solid upgrade at a position that needs it.....

Then....we either draft one high(Parker/White/Beckham) or sign one of the 4 big guns.....Bryant/Holt/Cobb/Thomas.......

Archived