THE BROWNS BOARD

Raiders release Gibril Wilson

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius
Gibril, Curry, Kalimba are released

One year after making him the third highest safety in the NFL, the Raiders have released Gibril Wilson.

The Raiders also released defensive end Kalimba Edwards and wide receiver Ronald Curry.

The Raiders had no explanation as to why Wilson was cut, but after signing Nnamdi Asomugha and Shane Lechler to big deals, the team needed to do somethign to create more salary cap-space.

Wow, Ryan may be able to draw the gerbil in.

Kalimba Edwards ... two different times Browns fans wanted to sign him for our 3-4 and two different times I was glad we didn't. I wonder if Ryan would want to bring him in for depth though.

Zombo

Guest Aloysius

Kalimba Edwards is an enigma: he's got all the physical tools to be a star, but he's never been able to put it all together for 16 games. My working theory is that his body breaks down and he loses focus as the season moves along; a lot of his production comes early in the season.

If you combine his stats from the first four games of the last four years, you get his stat line:

39 tackles, 9 TFL's, 10 sacks

That's pretty damn good.

I think his durability would improve if he moved out to OLB; his tall, elongated physique isn't been suited to taking OT's head on. But if he's not smart or focused, he won't be a good fit for playing in Mangini's 3-4.

Kalimba Edwards is an enigma: he's got all the physical tools to be a star, but he's never been able to put it all together for 16 games. My working theory is that his body breaks down and he loses focus as the season moves along; a lot of his production comes early in the season.

If you combine his stats from the first four games of the last four years, you get his stat line:

39 tackles, 9 TFL's, 10 sacks

That's pretty damn good.

I think his durability would improve if he moved out to OLB; his tall, elongated physique isn't been suited to taking OT's head on. But if he's not smart or focused, he won't be a good fit for playing in Mangini's 3-4.

When the Browns drafted Alex Hall I thought he was a Kalimba Edwards clone.

I'd rather see the Browns continue to work Hall into an every down player than ever mess around Kalimba Edwards.

I still love Hall. I think the kid has such a huge upside. We saw glimpses last year of a special athlete.

Archived