THE BROWNS BOARD

Bosch

so to add to the list of serial dramas on cable stations there are a few in the works from Amazon Studios. If you have Amazon Prime you might have noticed they are producing their own content now. One that looks very interesting but only has the pilot up so far is Ron Perlman starring in a series about a vigilante judge called hand of God. There's A kind of soap opera about the New York Philharmonic called Mozart in the jungle but the one I have started to watch is Bosch about a Los Angeles detective created by mystery author Michael Connelly. Four episodes in it's pretty damn good.

WSS

The streaming world is a pretty crowded house at the moment. I won't pay for more than Netflix at this time until someone can give me all the sports channels I watch on cable as part of a streaming package

To each his own I guess. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as the DIRECTV package of HBO, Cinemax, Showtime blah blah blah.

WSS

I got amazon prime for the free deliveries when it was only about £30 p/a. Then they added all these shows and hiked the price up - sneaky, but actually I'm now a fully paid up member and really like it.

And the extra price is only a couple quid right? I had it for a couple years and the boosted the price 10 bucks a year. No big deal. Definitely worth having.

WSS

Actually, it went from £30 to £70. But when you compare it to Netflix which is £5 p/m, it works out pretty cheap when you factor in the free overnight delivery service from the biggest online retailer in the world.

One thing that bugs me is when they have only the first 2 seasons out of four of something, for example - does Netflix do that?

depends on the series. I can't think of any hard examples here but there are things that Netflix doesn't have at all. And yes Amazon probably wants you to buy a season or two. Most likely they pay a smaller fee for seasons that I've been off the air for a certain amount of years. Netflix costs nine bucks a month here. How much is it in England?

WSS

Actually, £7 p/m, so more expensive outright than Amazon.

And without the retail perks. Of course those can be tricky. You can often find something cheaper than Amazon Prime product and most everything ships free anyway. I've ordered things through basic shipping that's been here the next day.

WSS

Archived