THE BROWNS BOARD

The Vision

OldBrownsFan

I think some of us are seeing it and some haven't caught it yet. This is not the same old owner, this is not the same old head coaches we had before and these are not the same old Browns. It is different. But it will take a little time. It will take some time because for too long the club has had no stability. We have never put down the foundation for winning because we kept changing things, changing coaches, GM's, but never laying down the tracks other successful teams have done. Maybe instead of doing the hard work we kept looking for the simple fix? The right quarterback would come riding in and turn it all around? I read what Haslam, Farmer and Pettine are saying and they get it. I was extremely happy to see the loyalty Haslam showed to Farmer over the texting. You don't throw good people under the bus. If this team is to be successful these guys will be working together for years to come. If there have been some growing pains with this team after the first year I give these guys enough credit that the longer they work together, the more unified this club becomes and these are smart people and will only learn and improve.

I apologized for an earlier post because I certainly don't want anyone to think I am some kind of super fan. The super fans are here on this board. Maybe some just don't want the heartache anymore that comes with loving a team so much and feeling let down for so many years. You are not alone, all the Browns fans have felt the same way. I have hated seeing this team for too many years being mathematically eliminated from the play offs barely out of October. If you are fortunate enough to live long enough you see everything runs in cycles. Our time is coming.

I have been on the board long enough to see if a troll from another team comes on this board and is disrespectful they will get a good beat down from some of you guys. Good, teach them some respect.I took offense to the apathy thread because I didn't want any fan from another team reading stuff like we have given up, or believing things are hopeless. I want them to start looking over their shoulders because we got a team who is coming up off the mat.That is what I believe despite some of the horrible negative media I see in Cleveland. I know it comes from the media but it does filter down and effects the fans. I see it on the board here sometimes. Don't believe everything you read. The best advice I would give is to try to get a more accurate read is to read from multiple sources. I read before the Ravens game the team was almost in mutiny before the game so I watched that game closely to see some evidences of that. I saw none of it. I didn't see the same old Browns phone in the last meaningless game of the season. Pettine had them fighting hard into the last game. I give them credit for doing it.

My friendly advice for the board is try to save some of your "fire" for some hapless troll who comes here and shows disrespect and more tolerance for fellow Browns fans. We don't always see eye to eye but we are all part of the Browns family.

I think some of us are seeing it and some haven't caught it yet. This is not the same old owner, this is not the same old head coaches we had before and these are not the same old Browns. It is different. But it will take a little time. It will take some time because for too long the club has had no stability. We have never put down the foundation for winning because we kept changing things, changing coaches, GM's, but never laying down the tracks other successful teams have done. Maybe instead of doing the hard work we kept looking for the simple fix? The right quarterback would come riding in and turn it all around? I read what Haslam, Farmer and Pettine are saying and they get it. I was extremely happy to see the loyalty Haslam showed to Farmer over the texting. You don't throw good people under the bus. If this team is to be successful these guys will be working together for years to come. If there have been some growing pains with this team after the first year I give these guys enough credit that the longer they work together, the more unified this club becomes and these are smart people and will only learn and improve.

I apologized for an earlier post because I certainly don't want anyone to think I am some kind of super fan. The super fans are here on this board. Maybe some just don't want the heartache anymore that comes with loving a team so much and feeling let down for so many years. You are not alone, all the Browns fans have felt the same way. I have hated seeing this team for too many years being mathematically eliminated from the play offs barely out of October. If you are fortunate enough to live long enough you see everything runs in cycles. Our time is coming.

I have been on the board long enough to see if a troll from another team comes on this board and is disrespectful they will get a good beat down from some of you guys. Good, teach them some respect.I took offense to the apathy thread because I didn't want any fan from another team reading stuff like we have given up, or believing things are hopeless. I want them to start looking over their shoulders because we got a team who is coming up off the mat.That is what I believe despite some of the horrible negative media I see in Cleveland. I know it comes from the media but it does filter down and effects the fans. I see it on the board here sometimes. Don't believe everything you read. The best advice I would give is to try to get a more accurate read is to read from multiple sources. I read before the Ravens game the team was almost in mutiny before the game so I watched that game closely to see some evidences of that. I saw none of it. I didn't see the same old Browns phone in the last meaningless game of the season. Pettine had them fighting hard into the last game. I give them credit for doing it.

My friendly advice for the board is try to save some of your "fire" for some hapless troll who comes here and shows disrespect and more tolerance for fellow Browns fans. We don't always see eye to eye but we are all part of the Browns family.

Thank you for a flat out EXCELLENT statement!

All I will add to your "spot on" media negativity appraisal is that more Teams, Browns included, should take the Billy B approach & give them NOTHING to twist & distort. For example:

Media Q: "What is happening with Gilbert and Manziel with their issues?"

Browns A:: "They're both Cleveland Browns & we have no further comment. Next question". This response may be repeated....OFTEN!

Thanks again, OBF...We are on the same page.

Mike

Thank you for a flat out EXCELLENT statement!

All I will add to your "spot on" media negativity appraisal is that more Teams, Browns included, should take the Billy B approach & give them NOTHING to twist & distort. For example:

Media Q: "What is happening with Gilbert and Manziel with their issues?"

Browns A:: "They're both Cleveland Browns & we have no further comment. Next question". This response may be repeated....OFTEN!

Thanks again, OBF...We are on the same page.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I read where the owner felt he was sucker punched with the criticism of the team being in dysfunction. Then when Pettine tells the media the same thing that the team is not in dysfunction they question if he is being truthful or not. I don't believe it myself. I don't believe this team has ever been on better footing. Everything I am seeing is they are building a solid organization.

Problem is you don't live in Cleveland. Cleveland has always been a negative show me what you have city. They will love you to death when you do good, and chop you to pieces if you don't And they will be skeptical until you are good. The way its always been.

Problem is you don't live in Cleveland. Cleveland has always been a negative show me what you have city. They will love you to death when you do good, and chop you to pieces if you don't And they will be skeptical until you are good. The way its always been.

Yeah I live in a small town so what I have been reading up there has been an eye opener.

You nailed it. The Vision that every media wants to blow up due to our front office and than reported by our media and Mary Kay Cabot does not know the word's I don't know. Instead it's alway's, tell you what I think I know. Screw this women and it needs to stop off the field. Do not trust players on the field that have a drug and drinking issue, we all have a background, it's there job to figure it out. GM's doing thing's that can cause draft picks and than supported by owner should tell you something, like he knew at the time it was done.. This team need's A Vision on the FIELD. Rex Build a Bully. We, I believe our a KC or Buff. Struggle on offense (QB's ?) With a great defense. We our a top 10 D, but we our DL and LB's from stopping the run ( If we draft at higher rounds). We want to be a running team, I get it and O line is key but I just don't see us also getting top talent at OL, QB and WR. What side of the ball do you finish needs?? Special teams sucks and not even there yet.. Got a Plan??

Archived