THE BROWNS BOARD

A matter of honor - Norwegian Muslims form protective ring around synagogue

calfoxwc

Osiris is a muslim so I'm sure he'll defend this savagery:

"The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement" - Quran 5:33

Os - what I'm asking is, what is the understanding that certain verses most certainly

do not mean what the extremists take them to mean?

That's all.

As usual Walter is taking quotes out of context. Since others have dealt with this before I will not except to post this link:

http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/quran_533_commentary

Cal, I think the extremists are either really stupid or know the verses don't mean what they claim they mean. They just try to bend the meaning to support their actions.

I am an atheist. That said, you can have multiple interpretations of the bible yet no one ends up dead over a misunderstanding. Just throwing that out there.

Most muslims are peaceful but that does not mean that the Quran promotes peace.

An Atheist who believes in spirits. Interesting. How do you explain that? Not to be combative or anything.

An Atheist who believes in spirits. Interesting. How do you explain that? Not to be combative or anything.

That is the thing. I don't know what it was so I won't even say for certain it was a ghost or spirit. I am hoping that at some point there is some logical explanation for it. If not, I guess it will be a mystery to me till I die.

Archived