THE BROWNS BOARD

Resign Sheard and pay Taylor

NoCal Jack

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I saw. Is that gonna stick? Any reason why? Was he a multiple concussion guy?

No idea. The ESPN article linked his twitter posts and he said it was "to pursue other interests". Probably has a family and doesn't want his brain and body to be mush in 15 years. I don't know anything about an injury history, though. He had a productive last few years.

Here's a left-field thought....

Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

Since he already has a stable of oversized LBs and Wilfork possibly gone (Has he visited anyone?), I wonder if Bill is thinking about Sheard with his hand on the ground in a 4-3...

Probably, why not. That is sorta what Sheard is anyway no? Really a DE?

(I don't think that is a left field thought......it seems pretty basic, more like a first or second base thought.

We drafted him out of Pitt as a 4-3 DE, so.....

Didn't the Patriots run a 4-3 this year? So yeah of course they're looking at him as the other DE to Ninkovich.

After checking it appears the 4-3 was their base in 2014.

Guess I just don't associate Bill with anything but the 3-4.

Then again Bill associates with any and every D in the course of a season.

Archived