THE BROWNS BOARD

Russians upping the shipments of tanks and equipment into the Ukraine

calfoxwc

All hell may break loose in the next year, all while the dirtbag coward in our WH

is voting "PRESENT" and "mulling" over making a decision to send arms to the

Ukraine.

Big serious trouble on the way the next two years.

http://news.yahoo.com/more-russian-tanks-equipment-cross-ukraine-border-u-171323223.html

Imagine this scenario. The United Nations persuades the U.S. to let Texas secede and become it's own nation. There are some tensions, but by and large Texas and the U.S. still get along, and companies within the U.S. still invest in Texas infrastructure.

Ten years into the future Rick Perry runs against Sheila Jackson Lee for Imperial Ruler of Texas. Rick Perry wins handily. Some politicians halfway across the globe decide to place agitators in Texas, and in some coup Imperial Ruler Perry is thrown out. Mexico invades and Texas divides into factions.

Due to a sudden Maunder Minimum, the Gulf of May-Hee-Co becomes the only year round, warm water section for the U.S. and US has a Naval Base in Galveston. Would the U.S., given it's past history with Texas and the fact that it has commercial and military assets in Texas be wrong to provide troops and aid to a Texas group repelling the Mexican invasion?

And what would we think of foreign nations half a world away providing aid to the Mexicans and their allies in Texas?

Again, I still don't give a shit. They won't start a conflict with someone who will put up a legit fight or is aligned with someone who could give them a fight. Russia's currency is going tits up and no amount of sabre rattling is going to save their economy.

And our currency isn't going to shit, either? Is anything other than Oil/gas deflating?

that wasn't what I was driving at but the Ruskies have a strong presence in the Oil industry. And they might go in cahoots with the Chinese to make the yuan the worlds reserve currency versus the dollar.

Possibly. Of course in my opinion that's why we took out Saddam Hussein who was planning to sell his oil reserve in Euros.

WSS

Possibly. Of course in my opinion that's why we took out Saddam Hussein who was planning to sell his oil reserve in Euros.

WSS

There were rumblings that Gaddafi was overthrown because he was making noise about wanting to trade in a "gold backed, African currency" (hint: Libya had a fair amount of gold reserves) that other OPEC nations were also considering. Shortly afterwards, Gaddafi gets overthrown. I don't know if there is any substance to the idea that he was overthrown for that reason but it wouldn't shock me.

There were rumblings that Gaddafi was overthrown because he was making noise about wanting to trade in a "gold backed, African currency" (hint: Libya had a fair amount of gold reserves) that other OPEC nations were also considering. Shortly afterwards, Gaddafi gets overthrown. I don't know if there is any substance to the idea that he was overthrown for that reason but it wouldn't shock me.

I'd not heard that but it does make some sense.

WSS

Archived