THE BROWNS BOARD

Liberal Bias Ad Nauseum

calfoxwc

This is why I just don't pay much attention to any of the major news outlets. They all have an agenda and are just meant to corner a particular market to sell them things. If they could sell more ad time doing something else, they would not be in journalism.

That's true. But it's not their agenda; their marketing people spot a demographic that shares an opinion and they just appeal to that. By taking the ideas of that group and stating them in a respectable sounding way it allows the members validate their opinions, stay tuned to the station and watch the commercials. We should understand that whill the left likes to demonize Rupert Murdoch, he doesn't care who he sells products to. They are customers not necessarily ideologues. (It becomes annoying to me when the three majors start to lean left. anyone with a brain should realize which way the cable stations lean)

WSS

That's true. But it's not their agenda; their marketing people spot a demographic that shares an opinion and they just appeal to that. By taking the ideas of that group and stating them in a respectable sounding way it allows the members validate their opinions, stay tuned to the station and watch the commercials. We should understand that whill the left likes to demonize Rupert Murdoch, he doesn't care who he sells products to. They are customers not necessarily ideologues. (It becomes annoying to me when the three majors start to lean left. anyone with a brain should realize which way the cable stations lean)

WSS

This, plus the fact that more people tune in for the over top analysis(your Becks and Maddows) than for the standard news reporter, so these types of reporters entertainers get more of the prime time.

This, plus the fact that more people tune in for the over top analysis(your Becks and Maddows) than for the standard news reporter, so these types of reporters entertainers get more of the prime time.

Yes and as annoying and polarization as those two can be I think they are actually both brilliant.

WSS

For too long liberal mainstream media owned all the news. Now with the new media of the internet and one cable network Fox at least the total monopoly has been broken.

Fox is fair and balanced too.

ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN and MSNBC all lean left, they all have a liberal bias and there have been many studies to prove it. There is only one network that balances that out with a conservative view and that is FOX.

What studies?

Are any news networks moderate in your eyes?

What studies?

Are any news networks moderate in your eyes?

I could post a number of studies but you can google it. All the major networks news have a liberal bias. Talk radio and Fox are the only media that counter it. None of the news networks are moderate in my view because all journalists should check their political views at the door and report fairly and that is not being done. They graduate from liberal journalism schools and it carries over into their reporting. The media should be the watchdog of our democracy and I am all for calling out bad behavior in both parties I just want to see it done straight down the middle.

Whys is this still a topic? It would be like starting a thread each day saying the son came up in the East.

Because there seems to be a finite amount of topics so, as per request from environmentalists, we recycle. If you can think of more topics feel free to start them.

A few, including a weekly litany of outrages by Negros Muslims and racists, man made global warming is bullshit, Vladimir Putin is taking over the world, repealing the 2nd amendment and abolishing religion are fairly common. If you can find a new twist do one of them great.

WSS

Because there seems to be a finite amount of topics so, as per request from environmentalists, we recycle. If you can think of more topics feel free to start them.

A few, including a weekly litany of outrages by Negros Muslims and racists, man made global warming is bullshit, Vladimir Putin is taking over the world, repealing the 2nd amendment and abolishing religion are fairly common. If you can find a new twist on one of them great. WSS

"KA-CHING" , LOL. Sorry, Mo, I'm not all that keen on watching and being annoyed about too many things.....

A few, including a weekly litany of outrages by Negros Muslims and racists, man made global warming is bullshit, Vladimir Putin is taking over the world, repealing the 2nd amendment and abolishing religion are fairly common. If you can find a new twist on one of them great. WSS

"KA-CHING" , LOL. Sorry, Mo, I'm not all that keen on watching and being annoyed about too many things.....

Are you in favor of sending troops to fight Isis in the Mid East?

If so, isn't that a case of wanting to take over part ot the world that doesn't belong to the Uninted States and is outside the purvue of the Monroe Doctrine?

Are you in favor of sending troops to fight Isis in the Mid East? Mo

Not much, except for spec ops groups to locate, specifically, locations of daesch sp? groups.

it's a sad, tragic day that Obamao would make no move at all, when the daesch were rampaging up

the road from Syria in a giant convoy. The decision should have been made to take them out completely

by air. It would have been a huge win. Except this marxist coward voted "PRESENT" (another reference to his

voting record as a senator in Illinois), and the rest is crimes against humanity on a large scale.

that was a non-decision to act, that led to a gigantic problem now. That's how world wars start. No action taken,

until it's way too late, and the problem grows and festers exponentially, and there ya go.

If so, isn't that a case of wanting to take over part ot the world that doesn't belong to the Uninted States and is outside the purvue of the Monroe Doctrine? Mo

Have we taken over any part of the northern hemisphere? NO.

Did we take over Japan after bombing them into submission after Pearl Harbor? NO.

Did we take over the Phillippines, and make them a state? NO.

Did we dominate Iraq and Afghanistan to make them our territories? NO.
There were plenty of folks in Puerto Rico who wanted to become a state of the US, per my

service friend, Ponce. Did we make them a state and own them? NO.

Then look at the soviets. There is no comparison, and any attempt to reverse the logic is nonsense.

Are you in favor of sending troops to fight Isis in the Mid East?

If so, isn't that a case of wanting to take over part ot the world that doesn't belong to the Uninted States and is outside the purvue of the Monroe Doctrine?

Is there a different "isis" that you're referring to?

Archived