THE BROWNS BOARD

Land Ice in Antarctica rapidly melting (not the sea ice)

If we want to shut down our coal plants, hurt our economy and raise energy costs to reduce emissions I am ok with it as long as the rest of the world are doing the same. If China and India continue to build new coal plants it doesn't make sense though. We are just hurting our own economy for no good reason.

I don't see it as a good idea to wreck our economy and shut down coal plants while other countries are building coal plants weekly. The only way to do this is across the board with other countries following the same rules. It is not just our country putting emissions in the air.

The secrets of our ancient past are under that ice. Evidence suggests that Antarctica was once more on the equator before a polar shift. The freeze over would have been pretty quick. Quick enough to preserve remains as an example.

I want to know what is under that ice.

Modern, currently operating coal plants in the U.S. are very, very clean. I would look in other directions.

Clean energy ie windmills and solar farms take a great toll on wildlife.....

And humans benefit from warm periods, and have done worse in cool periods.

Modern, currently operating coal plants in the U.S. are very, very clean. I would look in other directions.

Clean energy ie windmills and solar farms take a great toll on wildlife.....

And humans benefit from warm periods, and have done worse in cool periods.

Coal is clean

Wind and solar kill animals

And we'd be better off if it were warm anyway?

I'm not sure I agree with all of that. I guess I'd need to do some research.

The secrets of our ancient past are under that ice. Evidence suggests that Antarctica was once more on the equator before a polar shift. The freeze over would have been pretty quick. Quick enough to preserve remains as an example.

I want to know what is under that ice.

Randall Carlson has talked a lot about this. Its fascinating to think about.

Archived