THE BROWNS BOARD

Ted Cruz to run for POTUS

Browns149

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/23/us/politics/ted-cruz-to-announce-on-monday-he-plans-to-run-for-president.html?_r=0

He wasn't not born here and one of his parents was not a US citizen at the time of his birth.

So how is he allowed to be President?

Also, I really have very little idea about his politics, but from what I have seen, he's pro-life, pro-gun and anti gay marraige. If he runs on those points, he probably has little chance of winning. IMO

liberal. you never asked that about obamao. typical.

http://www.politifact.com/subjects/obama-birth-certificate/

See, there is nothing that disputes where Cruz was born.

No withheld birth certificate, like ObMao did.

1. Ted Cruz releases birth certificate - POLITICO.com
    www.politico.com/.../ted-cruz-birth-certificate-95668.htmlCached

Aug 18, 2013 · One day after Sen. Ted Cruz released his birth certificate to the media, showing that he was born in Canada, he said he would renounce his Canadian ...

2. Ted Cruz birth certificate released | Senator born in Canada ...
    www.dallasnews.com/...ted-cruz-born-a-citizen-of-canada...Cached

Aug 17, 2013 · Sen. Ted Cruz's birth certificate shows he was born in Canada in 1970. It was released exclusively to The Dallas Morning News.

Yeah. Born to American mother overseas, like a lot of veterans' kids. American citizen.

But you disagree with his politics, so bickering, finally, about Cruz's birthplace is NOW on the table.

Idiot. Oh, I wonder if Cruz will release HIS college transcripts, eh?

I thought you had to be born in the USA to be president? Hence all the nonsense about Obama's birth certificate.

You can be born overseas for instance if your father is stationed overseas in the military or foreign service. But looking at his bio I don't know. My daughter was born in Yokosuka Naval Hospital in Japan and has a birth certificate issued by the U.S. Embassy.

The reason I brought it up was BECAUSE of all the Obama crap.

Also neither of his parents were in the military and his father was NOT an American citizen when he was born. They were working for a private oil company in Canada. He wasn't born on a military base or any "property" owned by the USA.

Therfore he shouldn't be allowed to be President.

Just like Obama shouldn't have been allowed if he wasn't born here. But Obama WAS born in the USA..............apparently

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/23/us/politics/ted-cruz-to-announce-on-monday-he-plans-to-run-for-president.html?_r=0

He wasn't not born here and one of his parents was not a US citizen at the time of his birth.

So how is he allowed to be President?

Also, I really have very little idea about his politics, but from what I have seen, he's pro-life, pro-gun and anti gay marraige. If he runs on those points, he probably has little chance of winning. IMO

All good points with me.

Well, Woody,

if a person is born outside the USA and he isn't born on a military establishment, or a piece of land "OWNED" by the USA, and 1 of his parents is NOT a US citizen.........................should he be allowed to be President?

According to the CONSTITUTION...................................NO

Rules are rules.

Well, Woody,

if a person is born outside the USA and he isn't born on a military establishment, or a piece of land "OWNED" by the USA, and 1 of his parents is NOT a US citizen.........................should he be allowed to be President?

According to the CONSTITUTION...................................NO

Rules are rules.

What? Me?

Ummm... I'd imagine if he wasn't able to run for president, he wouldn't. It would be very easy for someone (an expert) to prove he isn't eligible. No reason to waste his money if that's true.

Yes, all of the "birther" shit as ridiculous. Any attack on this guy down the road will be too. This is under the assumption that legitimate, legal alleys would be taken for the opposition to prove he's ineligible.

For some reason the republicans think they cannot win the general election with a conservative candidate. I would argue where did running not so conservatives like Dole, McCain and Romney get us? I heard the same thing with Reagan he was too conservative and he was the best president in my lifetime. I would be happy with Cruz or Rick Perry.

WELL, I will not vote for Jeb the modpansy Bush. And, about Gov Perry? Good guy, but a very conservitve friend

of my Father-in-law told me, that he was a good gov., but he was not a smart man. Wouldn't make a good president.

I admire THune, but he isn't running... I like Cruz, but I like him better in the Congress.

Walker and Carson are the guys I want to vote for.

Hear that, republican party? A Walker-Carson ticket would make me happy. And would win.

BTW in 1960 there were less than 300,000 violent crimes in the United States. In 2013 there were well over a million. thanks for the progress Woody! Things are looking up bro!

WSS

So 32 years before I was born until now... Sounds like something my generation is not solely responsible for.

Deny it if you want... But you can't change the inevitable

Go talk to those people that are pro slavery, against women voting, and against interracial marriage in America....

...oh wait

You can't accept the fact that you don't speak for your generation. Yes, I'm against interracial marriage, thats why I married a Japanese and have half Japanese kids you moron, lol.

You can't accept the fact that you don't speak for your generation. Yes, I'm against interracial marriage, thats why I married a Japanese and have half Japanese kids you moron, lol.

I never said YOU were. READ. I'm saying these views used to exist, in much larger numbers, and have been phased out over the generations.

I never said I speak for my generation either. But I can find public opinion polls that agree with what I'm saying

It means that progress, moving forward, change etc is not in and of itself positive.

WSS

Never said it always was. At one point Germany "progressed" to Nazism.

As a whole though, I'd imagine it is a net positive change. On many fronts (technology, human rights, etc).

Martin Van Buren was the first Natural Born U.S. President...... All before him were British subjects or born to British subjects prior to the constitution.

If you took an "originalist" view of "Natural Born Citizen" then neither Obama nor Ted Cruz would qualify - both parents would have needed to have been citizens.

I don't want Cruz to be the next U.S. president, but I can't see how the Supreme Court could grant standing to hear a case on his citizenship after not granting standing for people (Initially democrats from Hillary's campaign) to have Obama stricken from the ballot.

Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

from the federalist.blog:

Natural-Born Citizen Defined

One universal point most all early publicists agreed on was natural-born citizen must mean one who is a citizen by no act of law. If a person owes their citizenship to some act of law (naturalization for example), they cannot be considered a natural-born citizen. This leads us to defining natural-born citizen under the laws of nature – laws the founders recognized and embraced.

Under the laws of nature, every child born requires no act of law to establish the fact the child inherits through nature his/her father’s citizenship as well as his name (or even his property) through birth. This law of nature is also recognized by law of nations. Sen. Howard said the citizenship clause under the Fourteenth Amendment was by virtue of “natural law and national law.”

The advantages of Natural Law is competing allegiances between nations are not claimed, or at least with those nations whose custom is to not make citizens of other countries citizens without their consent. Under Sec. 1992 of U.S. Revised Statutes (1866) made clear other nation’s citizens would not be claimed: “All persons born in the United States and not subject to any foreign power, excluding Indians not taxed, are declared to be citizens of the United States.

Rep. John A. Bingham commenting on Section 1992 said it means “every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))

Go talk to those people that are pro slavery, against women voting, and against interracial marriage in America....

...oh wait

Obama's mother in law was originally opposed to Michelle marrying him because he was a mixed breed, but said it would have been worse if he had been all white....

Archived