THE BROWNS BOARD

Pizza shop forced to close after death threats...

StinkHole

...amid not ever refusing serve a gay.

The owner merely stated that he would not cater a gay wedding if asked.

These liberal jerks are no better than those Islamists with their death threats on those that mock the Prophet.

A GoFundMe online fundraising page has been set up for the pizzeria and has already raised over $165,000 in support for the O'Connor family as of Thursday afternoon.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/high-school-coach-threatens-to-torch-indiana-pizzeria-that-wont-cater-gay-weddings-restaurant-closes-down-christian-owners-hiding-after-death-threats-136833/

So, if someone is gay, and a business owner, you can protest out in front of their business,

organize a boycott of their business and put them OUT of business because you morally object to them?

I mean, if all it is ...is using economics as a weapon....and that's okay....

then if you find out that someone is gay, you rally against them, and boycott never, ever

buying a house from them, and nobody will have them as their real estate agent.....

gay auto salesman, fast foot employee.... a reverse war of intolerance is fine?

Just askin...

so they are suing CHRISTIAN bakeries to put them out of business.

Odd, the gays apparently don't go to MUSLIM bakeries.... and put them out of business.

That isn't the culture war they are fighting.

Interesting on that:

https://youtu.be/RgWIhYAtan4

So, if someone is gay, and a business owner, you can protest out in front of their business,

organize a boycott of their business and put them OUT of business because you morally object to them?

I mean, if all it is ...is using economics as a weapon....and that's okay....

then if you find out that someone is gay, you rally against them, and boycott never, ever

buying a house from them, and nobody will have them as their real estate agent.....

gay auto salesman, fast foot employee.... a reverse war of intolerance is fine?

Just askin...

It is all legal and within your rights. Voting with your wallet goes both ways. I am a libertarian.

The death threats are out of hand. That said, you can have an unpopular opinion but don't bitch when your opinion costs you financially as a business owner. The consumers can decide what they think of your opinions with their wallet.

There's no "pizza joint boycott" that's impacting his wallet. It's the fact he's fearful for his life is where there's a problem.

As Steve alluded to n the other thread, would people be willing to torch Roscoes chicken and waffles in LA if they refused to cater a Klan rally? Still welcomed and served klan members in the restaurant, but merely held the belief that a Klan rally was something they didn't agree with?

There's no "pizza joint boycott" that's impacting his wallet. It's the fact he's fearful for his life is where there's a problem.

As Steve alluded to n the other thread, would people be willing to torch Roscoes chicken and waffles in LA if they refused to cater a Klan rally? Still welcomed and served klan members in the restaurant, but merely held the belief that a Klan rally was something they didn't agree with?

Hell we all know the answer to that.

I already said the death threats were ridiculous. If I owned a business, I would have kept my mouth shut but that is me and I like making money.

I have the distinct feeling that if someone refused service to Christians on religious grounds we would see an equal amount of death threats and protesting. It doesn't make it right. It just says a lot about how soft our society is that the business practices of one business cause strangers enough distress that they would threaten to murder someone.

The death threats are out of hand. That said, you can have an unpopular opinion but don't bitch when your opinion costs you financially as a business owner. The consumers can decide what they think of your opinions with their wallet.

I agree Log.

I don't particularly like the government officially fucking with your business but if people don't want to eat there because of your position that's your tough shit.

WSS

Hell we all know the answer to that.

I already said the death threats were ridiculous. If I owned a business, I would have kept my mouth shut but that is me and I like making money.

I have the distinct feeling that if someone refused service to Christians on religious grounds we would see an equal amount of death threats and protesting. It doesn't make it right. It just says a lot about how soft our society is that the business practices of one business cause strangers enough distress that they would threaten to murder someone.

The news media went looking for some controversy and found it. They went to a pizza shop that had a sign stating the owners were Christian and that they prayed every morning before work started. The media then asked the young 21 year old daughter of the owner about serving gays. Her answer was they would gladly serve anyone at their business but they could not in good conscience go to a gay wedding and cater it. Then came the misleading headlines, "Christian pizza shop refuses to serve gays" .

Then the militant gays jumped into action and forced the business to close. I saw this young woman talk about how she didn't know what they were going to do financially. I think that prayer has been answered with hundreds of thousands of dollars that have poured in to help this Christian family.

I read where some gay people donated to the Pizza shop and apologized for how they were treated for their religious beliefs. That is tolerance.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/02/among-200k-donated-to-christian-owners-of-indiana-pizzeria-is-20-gift-thats-being-called-the-greatest-thing-ive-seen-in-years/

I read where some gay people donated to the Pizza shop and apologized for how they were treated for their religious beliefs. That is tolerance.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/02/among-200k-donated-to-christian-owners-of-indiana-pizzeria-is-20-gift-thats-being-called-the-greatest-thing-ive-seen-in-years/

Good for them. Just treating each other with respect will solve a lot more problems then being assholes. Unfortunately assholes get the headlines. This kind of thing I would imagine could lead to the pizza people thinking "Hey these guys are ok"

And that should be the goal.

WSS

Good for them. Just treating each other with respect will solve a lot more problems then being assholes. Unfortunately assholes get the headlines. This kind of thing I would imagine could lead to the pizza people thinking "Hey these guys are ok"

WSS

That is really right on the money.

And there are way too many militant, extremely arrogant assholes. It's sad. "The ends justify the means"....

too much of that in the cloak of political activism - which has been turning into "we will force ourselves to

end up victims, and then we have a beef to declare war on those who disagree with us - since we even

have a president, for now, who is like us".

WSS

That is really right on the money.

And there are way too many militant, extremely arrogant assholes. It's sad. "The ends justify the means"....

too much of that in the cloak of political activism - which has been turning into "we will force ourselves to

end up victims, and then we have a beef to declare war on those who disagree with us - since we even

have a president, for now, who is like us".

It really does come down to basic respect. You get people who are perpetually outraged who make life difficult for everyone else who is trying to keep an even keel with people they may not see eye-to-eye with.

I think that's what I did professionally. Said before - I knew people who were gay, at work,

and when I ran meetings, met with people to discuss fixing software, or writing new software,

they never knew I knew about them.

those people had good friends who accepted them, and those friends told me - to give

me a "heads up". I was complemented back then by their friends for treating them exactly

like anybody else.

Never approved of it, yes, never would go to one of their parties. Wouldn't go to lunch, etc,

but that never actually became to the forefront. They are employees, too, and deserve to be

treated exactly like I treated all fellow employees. That doesn't mean I give up the right to

morally object. It just never became a problem I had to address.

Nowadays, like Steve posted, there are assholes who push the issue. And so much of the media

contributes to that. Not good.

Archived