THE BROWNS BOARD

In your opinion who is the greatest president of all time?

WalterWhite

In my lifetime far and away is Ronald Reagan. As a disillusioned young liberal after the failed Jimmy Carter presidency I saw first hand how well conservative principals work with Reagan and it forever changed me into being conservative.

For me the best president in our country's history would be Abraham Lincoln.

If you've really, really studied what Abe did and still put him #1, then you are on board with the ends justifying the means. He's at the top of my worst presidents list.

Best president.

1. Thomas Jefferson

2. Grover Cleveland - who might have been more Jeffersonian than Jefferson. He could very well have been the president who most closely adhered to the Constitution of The United States.

3. George Washington. He keeps dropping on my lists of bests presidents, and allowed Alexander Hamilton and John Adams too much influence. George Washington should have been impeached over his mishandling of the Whiskey Rebellion. However, he did set limits on himself, such as limiting himself to two terms when he could have effectively been president for life.

4. Old Hickory. The only president to have a period of no debt. Also got rid of the national bank system. (like a vampire it managed to come back in some form or another)

5. Calvin Coolidge. The only true "conservative" president elected as a member of the Republican Party.

In older days, George Washington and Lincoln.

More currently, JFK and Reagan - all four were men who greatly inspired most Americans,

and had the courage to stand up for ...Americans across the board.

Worst... the worst are so bad, I end up leaving Nixon off the list. Carter, Wilson, FDR, LBJ, and Moochelle and

her fellow anti-American "community organizer" Buttock.

Lincoln set the example for Wilson and FDR followed to use war as an excuse to suspend the Constitution. But to come to this conclusion you need to suspend Republican = Good and Democrat =Bad.

Ike>JFK.

Post WWII

1. Eisenhower/Reagan (Tie)

2. Truman

3. JFK

4. Bush I

5. Slick Willie

5. Bush II

6. Gerald Ford

7. Jimmy Carter

8. Lyndon Baines Johnson

9. The current miscreant occupying the White House

its humorous how highly JFK is held as a icon of the Democrat Party but his platform would not fit in the 1970s Jimmy Carter era Democrats, let alone today. Today a JFK platform would be someplace in between Cruz and Rand Paul, with Democrat Jim Webb being the only one close. In reality, everyone else on the nationals state, Republican or Democrat is "far to the left" of that.

Nixon.

He was the only one to man up and quit when he got caught. All the rest of them lie, bribe, and steal their way out of trouble

Also Richard M Nixon was run out of office over a chickenshit infraction that made text gate look serious.

WSS

And he got busted by Forrest Gump

The best prez for blacks and environmental nuts is Nixon whether they realize it or not.

He did a lot for civil rights and he started the EPA.

there actually was a time the subject of civil rights needed to be addressed. The time has come and gone and unfortunately we are now in the reparations mode, and that's the dangerous part.

WSST

there actually was a time the subject of civil rights needed to be addressed. The time has come and gone and unfortunately we are now in the reparations mode, and that's the dangerous part.

WSST

I wonder if any black living in America wished slavery never happened. Doubt it. Imagine the LeBron James', Oprah Winfries, Jay-Zs, and Al Sharptons living in grass huts and chucking spears.

Reparations were already paid...in the form of affirmative action, welfare and every social program imaginable.

That's what I'm talking about. It goes further than equality which should have been the goal.

And anyone can be punished for speaking of them in less completely flattering terms.

WSS

The best prez for blacks and environmental nuts is Nixon whether they realize it or not.

He did a lot for civil rights and he started the EPA.

Harry Truman did a lot more to get the civil rights era going than he gets credit for. It was a fairly ballsy move at the time for him to integrate the military Post WWII, especially since his predecessor had done a lot to keep the military segregated.

Archived