THE BROWNS BOARD

it was only a matter of time

Regarding OP, I think it's a little different to the 'christian baker/gay customer thing' because the prejudice is the other way around. For it to be truly analogous, the baker would be the KKK and the customer would be the black guy.

KKK/Religion - choices

black/gay - not choices

Regarding OP, I think it's a little different to the 'christian baker/gay customer thing' because the prejudice is the other way around. For it to be truly analogous, the baker would be the KKK and the customer would be the black guy.

KKK/Religion - choices

black/gay - not choices

Actually I think the difference is, even though few will admit so, is that you like some of these guys and you don't like some of these guys. As for the guys you don't like, fuck them and the Bill of Rights they rode in on.

WSS

Actually I think the difference is, even though few will admit so, is that you like some of these guys and you don't like some of these guys. As for the guys you don't like, fuck them and the Bill of Rights they rode in on.

WSS

I think your wanting to paint gay people as the bad guys is obstructing you from seeing how the situations are different.

I think your wanting to paint gay people as the bad guys is obstructing you from seeing how the situations are different.

Well the situations are different but one could argue that a person can't help being a racist anymore than he can help be a homophobe or a pedophile but that aside the United States actually was at least partially founded on the principles of religious freedom. Those principles have now been abandon. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on your ideology.

WSS

Well the situations are different but one could argue that a person can't help being a racist anymore than he can help be a homophobe or a pedophile but that aside the United States actually was at least partially founded on the principles of religious freedom. Those principles have now been abandon. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on your ideology.

WSS

Can't help being a racist? Bollocks. As for religious freedom being one of the founding blocks of the USA, that doesn't mean you are free to impose your religion on others (not the case here I grant you), nor does it mean that you are free to use your religion as a shield when persecuting others.

If your church believes being gay is a sin, and refuse to allow gays to use your church for a wedding for example, that is not persecution. That is what your church believes and would fall under freedom of religion.

But if you own a photography shop and you won't grant services to gay people that is persecution

If your church believes being gay is a sin, and refuse to allow gays to use your church for a wedding for example, that is not persecution. That is what your church believes and would fall under freedom of religion.

I agree completely and nobody should be upset if a church won't perform a gay marriage.

being whatever that you "can't help it" ... it's the militant, demanding behavior

about gays that says "if you don't violate your legit beliefis about my CHOSEN BEHAVIOR,

shoved IN YOUR FACE INTENTIONALLY, then I will destroy your ability to provide for your family"

That militancy has become the weapon of the left's culture war against the non-left.

See isil and the kgb, for two examples, of similar? arrogance and militant belligerance.

Really? Well call me when you discover that treatment for the way people feel. Negative reinforcement? Pavlov? Skinner box? Ludovico?

WSS

You are not born a racist.

It is taugt to you by someone else.

Or it is learned from experience.

What if the govt just issued civil unions to everyone?

Then, you could get a "marriage" wherever else you'd like as long as they let you.

Well I have always thought that would be an excellent compromise. I think some people on the fringe of both sides would scream bloody murder but...

My personal preference would be just make it marriage but a civil union with all the legal benefits is acceptable.

I would NOT force churches to perform the ceremony unless they wanted to.

WSS

Well I have always thought that would be an excellent compromise. I think some people on the fringe of both sides would scream bloody murder but...

My personal preference would be just make it marriage but a civil union with all the legal benefits is acceptable.

I would NOT force churches to perform the ceremony unless they wanted to.

WSS

Oh I agree, no church should be forced to.

But I would think, as a gay couple, you could find some more accepting and enlightened churches out there.

Our govt should just say "Fuck you all. Everyone gets a civil union. You all deal with it from here how you see fit." and call it a day.

Oh I agree, no church should be forced to.

But I would think, as a gay couple, you could find some more accepting and enlightened churches out there.

Our govt should just say "Fuck you all. Everyone gets a civil union. You all deal with it from here how you see fit." and call it a day.

Lol..."enlightened"

Archived