THE BROWNS BOARD

Rand Paul, more talk about being a libertarian than action

calfoxwc

He plays the game with McConnell and Baehner sp? Don't like him.

I like Ted Cruz - he's the real deal. But Walker, Thune (who still isn't running cept he should

because he's my favorite of the bunch), Carson, Rubio, Jindal are all fine with me.

Rand and Jeb can go forget it.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/the-rand-paul-record-a-collegial-canny-presence-115416873151.html

I'd be more comfortable with someone declaring themselves as a ®epublican or a true federalist. Cruz operates as a nationalist. Libertarians, especially those that take their directon from The Cato Society are too comfortable with nationalism, incorporation via a bastardized view of the 14th amendment, and a childlike trust in justices and "reason".

Among the current republicans I prefer Rand Paul.

Unless we have a "sea change" things will go in pretty much the same direction, regardless of who sits in the Oval Office.

Also, for anyone disillusioned with the perceived nepotism of politics, this isn't going to help much. Not that you can't run if you have family members that ran, but when you've got a presidency contested between another clinton, another bush, another paul, and a couple others, you can understand why people feel that way.

Also, for anyone disillusioned with the perceived nepotism of politics, this isn't going to help much. Not that you can't run if you have family members that ran, but when you've got a presidency contested between another clinton, another bush, another paul, and a couple others, you can understand why people feel that way.

Your average voter has no idea who Ron Paul is.

Ron Paul was goofball crank. Rand learned from that, I guess, he

is no crank.

But I'm just thinking I don't have much faith in figuring who he would actually be

as president.

Unfortunately, if you aren't rich or have a lot of rich friends, you have no chance to be President. They say it takes about $50,000,000 to run a Presidential campaign.

Unfortunately, if you aren't rich or have a lot of rich friends, you have no chance to be President. They say it takes about $50,000,000 to run a Presidential campaign.

I would say that is light. I've heard some predictions of 2016 being a billion dollar campaign.

Mitt Romney spent 203 million - about $18.50 per vote for him. Obama spent less - 148 million.

Of course, you should add the cost of the Auto Bailouts into Obama's campaign cost.......

I don't think Nepotism applies here. Name recognition, but nepotism would be Bush-Bush-Bush, Clinton-Clinton, etc.

I would say that is light. I've heard some predictions of 2016 being a billion dollar campaign.

Mitt Romney spent 203 million - about $18.50 per vote for him. Obama spent less - 148 million.

Of course, you should add the cost of the Auto Bailouts into Obama's campaign cost.......

Just writing what I heard on TV. I guess 50 mil is the minimum amount.

I though Ron Paul made a lot more sense than anyone else on the Republican ticket in 2008 and 2012. 99% of the goofiness that I saw was from some supporters.

....or anyone since the last good Republican, Mr. Reagan. That party has gone batty in general

Archived