THE BROWNS BOARD

Silicon Valley Republicans live with "don't ask, don't tell"

calfoxwc

yep. What happened to the libs' "fairness" and "tolerance" and "inclusiveness"

with liberals, they demand those things only when it's to their political advantage.

Yeah, sorry, I was just kinda gloating over no libs trying to explain it.

Just more "sounds of silence" when it isn't politically expedient.

Yeah, sorry, I was just kinda gloating over no libs trying to explain it.

Just more "sounds of silence" when it isn't politically expedient.

there's 29 states in this country that you can still be fired for being gay. So a couple republicans feeling like they'd be "ostracized" for revealing their political leanings doesn't really rate much. I mean I don't agree with anyone losing their job "just" because they're either liberal or conservative...but if I join a conservative company and put up posters of beefy guys all over my cubicle or office, what do "you" think is gonna happen?

I think the current trend that people just stfu about their political convictions is the right direction. The workplace is no place for politics. It's too divisive. If I ran a business i'd want people to work together and that would go much smoother if everyone didn't know about each others shit.

.but if I join a conservative company and put up posters of beefy guys all over my cubicle or office, what do "you" think is gonna happen?

In what realm of modern employment is "posters of beefy guys" or posters of hot chicks even close to being appropriate regardless of political leanings or sexual preference -

Other than in a factory that manufacturers sparks (as per the Patton Oswalt joke)?

In what realm of modern employment is "posters of beefy guys" or posters of hot chicks even close to being appropriate regardless of political leanings or sexual preference -

Other than in a factory that manufacturers sparks (as per the Patton Oswalt joke)?

have you ever been in a factory? have you ever been in the engineering offices of a plant? lols. In any case the argument was made for effect. Let's make it more realistic then for people who need things baby walked.

Let's say I join a conservative company and the guys are talking at the cooler about all the ass they pulled that prior weekend and I was like omg my jaw is so sore from all the cock I sucked last weekend hi five guys!! And I did that multiple times so they got the clue that I wasn't just trolling.....how long you think i'm gonna work there?

No. It was a subtle jab (perhaps too subtle) at your example being stale and about 15 yrs old. Which is why I said "..other than in a factory..."

That doesn't happen in places where your name isn't sewn onto your shirt.

It's almost like you can't read.

No. It was a subtle jab (perhaps too subtle) at your example being stale and about 15 yrs old. Which is why I said "..other than in a factory..."

That doesn't happen in places where your name isn't sewn onto your shirt.

It's almost like you can't read.

you referenced a Patton Oswald joke. Which means you've actually listened to Patton Oswald tell jokes. It sort of does put a slight taint on pretty much any opinion you ever have from here until your dying breath doesn't it?

In any case, if you didn't like the 1st example fine...but the 2nd one is on point and carries full validity.

And what kind of slighd taind would it put on any opinion I've ever had from here for the rest of my life until I die until infinity?

Can I answer a run-on sentence with a run-on question?

But seriously. I understood the "taint" nightmare sentence- but only because I have an 8 yr old.

Archived