THE BROWNS BOARD

Origins of Krav Maga -

calfoxwc

Outside of weapon disarming techniques, Krav Maga is just eye gouging and dick punching. The BJJ gym that I go to used to share a space with a Krav Maga instructor who served in the IDF.

The only real gripe is that they really can't train against each other for dirty fighting so everything ends up being theoretical. You aren't going to pull a Larry, Moe, and Curly on someone you are pals with so you just presume you are quick enough or applying enough force to make the technique debilitating to an attacker.

I believe that is only true to a point - there are other aspects of it that

are more than just kicking groins and eyegouging.... more like this:

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ap2WRf5Fiyw1LTUZSn_IOk.bvZx4?p=major+moves+in+krav+maga&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-746&fp=1

I believe that is only true to a point - there are other aspects of it that

are more than just kicking groins and eyegouging.... more like this:

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ap2WRf5Fiyw1LTUZSn_IOk.bvZx4?p=major+moves+in+krav+maga&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-746&fp=1

I have been in a shared gym with them. The majority of it is just dirty fighting and also some "pressure point" stuff which is rubbish. I will give them props on their disarming stuff. They know how to remove a knife or gun from someone's hands.

Well, if that is true, then I won't waste my money. I never was a

for years "wax on, wax off" kind of guy who paid endlessly to learn a little.

Formal training - I always figured it wasn't worth it for how long it took to learn stuff.

It isn't that I wanted to learn punching correctly, I'm interested in

flat out kickass defensive hand to hand combat. I'll probably never get around to it...

Too busy gardening, we'll have somewhere about 800 or more tomato plants again this

year, with more versatile crops in other rows....

I've never actually been in a krav class but from little I knew about it supposedly it relies heavily on short power, going down the centerline etc, etc...which is the way hand to hand fighting should be taught. I've always heard good things. Of course it takes heavily from the hard Chinese styles but what doesn't. They trying to teach you how to go about ending a fight within seconds, and that's what you want.

Archived