THE BROWNS BOARD

Another Squeeler jumps ship

Pumpkin Eater

Best I ever saw at SS, possible exception of Ronnie Lott, but should have retired two years ago. The kind of player you love for his toughness if he is on your team, hate him as a thug if he is on the opposing team.

I actually stood near him once, and I could not believe how much smaller he is than I would have thought. About 5'8".

Jack Tatum would have ate him for breakfast.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Tatum would have ate him for breakfast.

Different era, different rules.Tatum was certainly a hard hitter, and a much bigger man than Polamalu. Anyway, if Tatum had just tackled Frenchy Fuqua instead of show boating for the highlight reel, the clock would have run out and the immaculate reception would not have occurred. He cost his team a playoff game.

First ballot hall of famer and one of the best off the field players in the entire league. I'm not sure how anyone can call the guy a thug. He played hard, off the field he was very humble and soft spoken. One of the best to play the position, freak athlete, very cerebral and all the people talking about him being out of position conveniently ignore all the times he made plays any normal human being could only dream of making. Ask any qb in the league. Polamalu in his prime may have been the most feared player on the field barring none. People here are being respectful, those that aren't need to grow up.

Edit: Gipper put the night cap down. You are taking nonsense again. Overrated? Hilarious.

This is a poll by other players

The (almost) dirty dozenIn a Sports Illustrated poll on the NFL's dirtiest players, Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward won in a landslide. Here's a breakdown of the vote:

PlayerTeamPos.Pct.Hines WardSteelersWR11.6

Albert HaynesworthRedskinsDT6.0

Joey PorterDolphinsOLB6.0

Roy WilliamsBengalsS5.1

Kevin MawaeTitansC4.6

Cortland FinneganTitansCB4.2

Harvey DahlFalconsG3.7

Richie IncognitoRamsG3.7

Troy PolamaluSteelersS3.3

Jared AllenVikingsDE3.2

296 players took part in the poll anonymously

Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_651611.html#ixzz3Wy5ugH6r
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_651611.html#ixzz3Wy5W37f3
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

dirty horsecollar - 15 grand fine

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82249e6e/Polamalu-s-15k-play

Steelers safeties Mike Mitchell and Troy Polamalu were flagged for unnecessary roughness for hits on receivers on the same drive in last Thursday’s game against the Ravens, but both men say they haven’t been fined for the hits.

Pollykakamumu twists Wes Walker's helmet by the facemask on a big hit and causes him

neck injury.

Translation: "tried to put Welker out of the game"

Somehow, didn't get fined.

http://nesn.com/2011/11/troy-polamalu-not-fined-for-helmet-twisting-hit-that-resulted-in-wes-welkers-neck-injury/

mp13welker1.jpg

People here are being respectful, those that aren't need to grow up.

I'm not sure how anyone can call the guy a thug. Vag

You need to grow up, smarten up , and sing the "I'm All Wet in Egypt" song.

I rest my case.

dirty horsecollar - 15 grand fine

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82249e6e/Polamalu-s-15k-play

Steelers safeties Mike Mitchell and Troy Polamalu were flagged for unnecessary roughness for hits on receivers on the same drive in last Thursdays game against the Ravens, but both men say they havent been fined for the hits.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/18/mike-mitchell-troy-polamalu-avoid-fines-for-hits-against-ravens/

I hope Mike Mitchell gets hit by a bus, talk about a dirty player. He's a real scumbag...

The guy played for 12 seasons and you were able to link what 5 incidents? Look up what the guy does off the field. Vag

If, say, a pro football team has a qb, that say, rapes a woman, say, in a bathroom, and that qb

has good times playing with good wrs who get open for him all the time, good rbs, and a great defense....

plays great in tossing 10 throws and handing the ball off, is that qb still a rapist because generally, he does his part

on the field just fine and you looooooove him and lick his fathead poster on your wall every night?

NO, he is still a rapist. Therefore, when Troy Maulyawithcheapshotwearsatutu does bad stuff when big games are on the line,

a well known attribute of the pukesburg squealers, I simply showed you why many people, including the fellow pro football players

in that poll above, know that your precious troyboy is a thug when it counts.

I don't care, Vag, if he has been a spectacular athlete. He has been. I don't care if you think his birdsnest hair

is pretty. He has been a very, very dirty player. But as with so many squealers, "great" ends up tainted. It's a historical

fact.

Note- Hines Ward was great wr - but he was dirty cheap shot artist for the squealers, too.

And everybody, well, except you maybe, knows Harrisons claim to fame on cheap shots.

Then I think it was Von Cheapshotten who took out Carson Palmer's knee in a playoff

game that the steelers probably may not have won otherwise. The squealers took out his

knee only two plays into a PLAYOFF GAME that they probably wouldn't have won.

Remember - they go cheap shots when it counts to make sure they'd win when they need to.

The evil that the steelers have done live after them. You are just all wet in Egypt.

Most of the NFL knows it's all true. Coming on a Brownsboard and dancing around the facts

and wishing you could curl up in Troy's hair doesn't impress here, and you are wasting your

time.

The steelers blah blah blah, is tainted. Badly tainted. They are hated for the cheap shots and dirty play.

The guy played for 12 seasons and you were able to link what 5 incidents? Look up what the guy does off the field. Vag

If, say, a pro football team has a qb, that say, rapes a woman, say, in a bathroom, and that qb

has good times playing with good wrs who get open for him all the time, good rbs, and a great defense....

plays great in tossing 10 throws and handing the ball off, is that qb still a rapist because generally, he does his part

on the field just fine and you looooooove him and lick his fathead poster on your wall every night?

NO, he is still a rapist. Therefore, when Troy Maulyawithcheapshotwearsatutu does bad stuff when big games are on the line,

a well known attribute of the pukesburg squealers, I simply showed you why many people, including the fellow pro football players

I don't care, Vag, if he has been a spectacular athlete. He has been. I don't care if you think his birdsnest hair

is pretty. He has been a very, very dirty player. But as with so many squealers, "great" ends up tainted. It's a historical

fact.

Note- Hines Ward was great wr - but he was dirty cheap shot artist for the squealers, too.

And everybody, well, except you maybe, knows Harrisons claim to fame on cheap shots.

Then I think it was Von Cheapshotten who took out Carson Palmer's knee in a playoff

game that the steelers probably may not have won otherwise. The squealers took out his

Remember - they go cheap shots when it counts to make sure they'd win when they need to.

The evil that the steelers have done live after them. You are just all wet in Egypt.

Most of the NFL knows it's all true. Coming on a Brownsboard and dancing around the facts

and wishing you could curl up in Troy's hair doesn't impress here, and you are wasting your

time.

The steelers blah blah blah, is tainted. Badly tainted. They are hated for the cheap shots and dirty play.

Every last bit of this screams bitter Ill informed whiner.

"I'll informed" ??? "I'll" ? You'll do what? Worthless rebuttal.

Not whining any more than you bitching about the "lack of respect" for your putrid team that

you don't seem to be able to talk about elsewhere.

Methinks you doth protest and bitch too much. You give steeler fans a bad name, ...

and that is really, really bad. B)

Meanwhile, watch and learn steeler squid:

https://youtu.be/vxwezo3EGF8

Most of the nfl knows that the steelers suck, and cheapshotted and sterioded their way to fame.

I'm much happier being a fan of the Browns who will get there without all the garbage and baggage.

ah. One quote by a former roommate, and you think that trumps all those players that

put him on the list of dirtiest players, and the video I posted, and all the other quotes.

To you, reality bites, so you just pretend your fair weather squealer fandom deserves to be

heralded on this board.

To quote one of the many great posters on this board, God Bless Ya !!!!!!

No, Polamalu was a good player.....but I just don't think he was as great as he was made out to be. I always thought that he got more credit than he deserved because he was flying all over the place uncontrollably with his stupid hairwafting in the wind. That allowed him to make some great plays...but as often I think his flailing had him out of position.

Um no Gipper, he was a great player. That's what it usually takes to be inducted into the HOF.

Certainly if he was a Brown you would have no problem labeling him a great player right?

He would have been a great player if he hadn't gone and been a dirty cheapshot player, since

his days in college.

Tainted <> great.

Tainted/athleticism = good.

PollyNeedsahaircutandamumu stinks, therefore he smells.

(so, if any steeler fans are lurking, fyi - I hate the three rivers scum squealers)

fact.

time.

Haha...The Steelers. Theres something Cal hates more than liberals. It's so ironic how your rant, full of nonsense and hate sounds exactly like a dim wit libfuck blathering about conservatives in the politics forum! LOL!

He would have been a great player if he hadn't gone and been a dirty cheapshot player, since

his days in college.

Tainted <> great.

Tainted/athleticism = good.

PollyNeedsahaircutandamumu stinks, therefore he smells.

(so, if any steeler fans are lurking, fyi - I hate the three rivers scum squealers)

But he's a shoe in for the HOF = great.

And you would not consider him great if he were a Brown?

Makes Me wonder just how good Don Rodgers and Eric Turner might've been had they not died.. ..We might not even be talking about this fag.

after that play at socal where he seemed to try to kill that kick receiver....

I would have figured he was a bit too stupid and dirty to play for a real pro football team.

Sometimes he was caught out of position yes, but I didn't see it too often. So do you not think he will be a FBHOFer? Or do you think he will be, just undeserving.

If Chris Carter wasn't a first ballot HOFer- Moo-Moo sure won't be. Arnold Stang- I mean Myron "the Dope" Cope is dead (worst announcing voice in recorded history) - meaning his attempts to get Rocky Blier and French Fuqua into the Hall died with him.

Gay marriage and weed will be legal everywhere soon enough.

I look out in the field- and I think my pony loves me. I want to marry him. This thought occurred to me right after I did a speedball of heroin.

As a fan of football, and the Browns, its ridiculous to say Troy P wasn't any good.

Some of you are way off base. He played for the Steelers, but was an incredible football player.

If you can't tell a player was good, you don't know football.

Elway was good too Browns fans. Ray Lewis was good.

You don't know a good player when you see one.

Archived