THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs playoffs

Browns149

Don't get your feelings hurt. I wasn't making the case for Curry for MVP was saying that right now he's playing better. I'm a huge Lebron supporter but once every two to three games he's "looter in a riot". He has had some awful turnover nights this postseason and he takes plays off. Now you can rationalize this by speaking to injuries but it is what it is.

Kyrie vs Curry shooting is a fair comparison but stop with JR Smith comparison it's not even close.

Please just stop. Kindly quit giving Curry blow jobs. If your only criteria is points per game- wow- great- you win. Awful turnover nights by Le Bron? FYI he's averaging a measly 1\2 turnover per game more than Curry in virtually identical playoff minutes- so go get lost on that one.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please just stop. Kindly quit giving Curry blow jobs. If your only criteria is points per game- wow- great- you win. Awful turnover nights by Le Bron? FYI he's averaging a measly 1\2 turnover per game more than Curry in virtually identical playoff minutes- so go get lost on that one.

Curry has had a maximum of 6 TO's once, Lebron has had four 6 TO games a 7 & 8. Lebron has 7 more TOs in 1 less game. That's a disparity, oh wait you don't believe in stats since 50 percentage points shooting is a mere blip.

Tire fire? Bull sh**t. The Bulls played the Cavs with a healthy Noah, Rose, and Butler. Care to tell me Gasol sucks when he's playing? Tibs somehow forgot how to coach? We didn't even have JR for the first two games. Yes, on the red I agree. I doubt he'll have 13 TOs like Harden did against Golden State though. No doubt James is struggling from the outside. but the numbers don't lie. Le Bron can F**king WILL his team to victory playing with a bum ankle, wrist, and back- when Curry can do that- get back to me.

I'll posit the Warriors haven't faced a perimeter defense as good as the Cavs yet in the playoffs.

It's why they play the games Naysayers gonna hate.

The Bulls fired Thibs and the resulting information suggests that the team and management disliked pretty much everything he did the last three months. I do agree that Lebron's will has been extremely impressive.

Curry has had a maximum of 6 TO's once, Lebron has had four 6 TO games a 7 & 8. Lebron has 7 more TOs in 1 less game. That's a disparity, oh wait you don't believe in stats since 50 percentage points shooting is a mere blip.

You understand percentages? Really? .449 rounding off means Curry makes 45 out of 100 three point attempts. .396 equals 40 out of 100. So, OMG, for every 100 times he hoists up a three, Curry is 15 points better than JR. My bet is Curry doesn't put up 30-40 in a game that would make a statistical game difference.

Is Curry a way superior player than JR? Sure- but only marginally better as a three point shooter.

you do get its 5 percentage pts - not 50 - right? Little more than a blip between 5 and 50%.

I think of shooting percentage the same way as batting average out to the thousandths because we aren't talking 10, 100 but hundreds of shots in a season. The difference is as substantial as some hitting .250 vs .300.

I think of shooting percentage the same way as batting average out to the thousandths because we aren't talking 10, 100 but hundreds of shots in a season. The difference is as substantial as some hitting .250 vs .300.

So to continue with the baseball analogy, Curry is batting .255, JR .250. Not much difference. Of course there's a huge difference between .250 and .300- but that's not the case JR VS Curry in 3 point percentage.

LOL, so you want to take it out to 1000 shots to try and make a point? No player in the history of the NBA has ever come close to 1000 threes in a season. Curry is up there alright- at 600+, but if you average that out PER GAME,5 percentage points don't mean jack shit. I'll let you do the advanced math what 600\70 games works out to shot attempts.

So to continue with the baseball analogy, Curry is batting .255, JR .250. Not much difference. Of course there's a huge difference between .250 and .300- but that's not the case JR VS Curry in 3 point percentage.

LOL, so you want to take it out to 1000 shots to try and make a point? No player in the history of the NBA has ever come close to 1000 threes in a season. Curry is up there alright- at 600+, but if you average that out PER GAME,5 percentage points don't mean jack shit. I'll let you do the advanced math what 600\70 games works out to shot attempts.

No actually Curry is shooting .434 to Smith's .386 which would be the same as batting average based on 1.000 being perfect. Because ABs like 3pt FGA are in the hundreds they don't say he's hitting 25.0% or he's hitting 30.0%. Not a 1000 shots, this is math, decimal place tenths, hundredths and thousandths.

No actually Curry is shooting .434 to Smith's .386 which would be the same as batting average based on 1.000 being perfect. Because ABs like 3pt FGA are in the hundreds they don't say he's hitting 25.0% or he's hitting 30.0%. Not a 1000 shots, this is math, decimal place tenths, hundredths and thousandths.

Then I'd suggest you take a course in remedial math. Hate to tell you, that third decimal place is based on 1,000. No one in the recent history of baseball has come close to batting .434- sorry to tell you- that's a lousy analogy. Thanks for agreeing with me when you get to the third decimal point- it's not significant. It's 5 F**cking % in this case. Curry takes around 9 three point attempts per game. I'll make it 10 to simplify it for you since you're apparently having extreme difficulty understanding the concept. If you're ONLY taking three point percentage into account- averaged over a season Curry is exactly 1.5 points better from beyond the arc than JR. Is that in any given game- a huge difference? Nope. You get into game dynamics where an individual player- like JR hits six or eight out of ten. Oh gee- that's .600- and that is damn significant.'ll leave it at that- I'm not going to belabor the point any further.

Curry is the best player on the planet right now, hence the MVP nod over Harden. Curry shoots 3's at a percentage JR Smith can't even sniff.

Cmon, he's not even close to the best player on the planet. Thats Lebron by a mile. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Don't get your feelings hurt. I wasn't making the case for Curry for MVP was saying that right now he's playing better.

Except for last night. He sucked balls. If Thompson didnt step up, it would have been over early. I dont see Curry being to carry a team like Lebron can. In all phases. His one dimensional game left him last night and there was nothing else he could do to help his team. I think the best player on the planet should be able to overcome a bad shooting night and lift his team in other ways. Like Lebron did against Atlanta. Curry has a great shot, but thats about all.

Cmon, he's not even close to the best player on the planet. Thats Lebron by a mile. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Except for last night. He sucked balls. If Thompson didnt step up, it would have been over early. I dont see Curry being to carry a team like Lebron can. In all phases. His one dimensional game left him last night and there was nothing else he could do to help his team. I think the best player on the planet should be able to overcome a bad shooting night and lift his team in other ways. Like Lebron did against Atlanta. Curry has a great shot, but thats about all.

And it goes to my point- season averages mean nothing in an individual game- one player gets hot, another goes cold.Yeah, we'd have gotten killed if Curry was on- but he wasn't.

Le Bron was able to overcome his outside shooting slump by driving to the rim, and dishing out assists. People say Le Bron is a whiner, but that was some serious hometown reffing. Him and Moz got positively mugged on a couple of plays, and no call. I still wonder why Blatt sits Timo at the end of games, he's about as good a rim protector and rebounder as TT, and has way more offense- plus he was hot last night.

And it goes to my point- season averages mean nothing in an individual game- one player gets hot, another goes cold.Yeah, we'd have gotten killed if Curry was on- but he wasn't.

Le Bron was able to overcome his outside shooting slump by driving to the rim, and dishing out assists. People say Le Bron is a whiner, but that was some serious hometown reffing. Him and Moz got positively mugged on a couple of plays, and no call. I still wonder why Blatt sits Timo at the end of games, he's about as good a rim protector and rebounder as TT, and has way more offense- plus he was hot last night.

I'm with ya Larry.. It really bothered Me a bit to see Moz on the bench.. I hope Blatt compensates for whatever adjustments Kerr makes...

• 8 months later...

Stephon Curry has bigger balls than LeBron too.. isnt it a shame.. Cleveland always has the worst luck...as long as Curry breathes.. The Cadavers wont win jack shit.

Stephon Curry has bigger balls than LeBron too.. isnt it a shame.. Cleveland always has the worst luck...as long as Curry breathes.. The Cadavers wont win jack shit.

Curry does one thing: shoot the ball into the hoop. Better than anyone else has ever done it, but it is just that one thing.

Curry does one thing: shoot the ball into the hoop. Better than anyone else has ever done it, but it is just that one thing.

And does it so damned good he owns the cadavers psyche.. LeBron or no LeBron.. Blatt or Lue.. it dont matter,,

Wanna dig this one back up. JR Smith isn't close to the same shooter Stephen Curry is and btw best player on the planet!

Curry is perhaps the best pure shooter- ever.

I'm not digging the Cavs grave this year- yet.

I agree to the extent if Curry keeps on tossing in 40 footers like he did to beat the Thunder in OT, the Cavs won't have much chance- and neither will anyone else. Speaking of- that game was rigged. At the end of regulation (forgot who) dove right in to KD. Durant went straight up, and got called for a foul, pure BS.

Curry may be great- but he's surrounded by a team that compliments him perfectly.

Glad you are seeing the light :)

Yup- shoots better than anyone else. Needs to keep it up for around another 5 years before I get impressed. He's not even in the top 250 all time in scoring- yet. I doubt he'll ever catch LeBron in rebounds or assists. BTW, LBJ passed Duncan tonight, and he's gonna pass Havlicek on Monday.

Curry will need around another 10 seasons to get to 30,000 points, and I'd bet right now he won't get there. I'll put James as a mortal lock to get to that level.

Yup- shoots better than anyone else. Needs to keep it up for around another 5 years before I get impressed. He's not even in the top 250 all time in scoring- yet. I doubt he'll ever catch LeBron in rebounds or assists. BTW, LBJ passed Duncan tonight, and he's gonna pass Havlicek on Monday.

Curry will need around another 10 seasons to get to 30,000 points, and I'd bet right now he won't get there. I'll put James as a mortal lock to get to that level.

Never thought Curry would have the career of Lebron. Curry's first 4 years were good but not great.

Never thought Curry would have the career of Lebron. Curry's first 4 years were good but not great.

Cavs fans take heart. The Warriors aren't invincible. The Los Angeles Fakers laid the biggest upset in NBA history on them.

• 4 weeks later...

So what do we currently think of the Cavs chances in the Playoffs after performances like this?

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-s-big-night-salvages-ot-win-for-poor-shooting-cavs-044349773.html

Better than before, worse, the same?

Well, Frye is a definite upgrade over Varejao- BUT. (from that article)

"That's not to say that the Cavs looked any more prepared to beat the eventual West champion in a seven-game series. Irving (5-of-23 FG) and Kevin Love (5-of-11 FG, nine of which were threes) struggled to get involved with any consistency and looked less integral to the team structure than role players Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith. Cleveland played well at the defensive end but shot only 39.8 percent."

I may have to give Kyrie a pass because he's been dealing with a cold (sounded terrible in a post game interview after the Rockets loss) but 20% shooting isn't going to get it done. As usual, Love got abused on the defensive end. So in order to beat the Warriors (or anyone else) in the playoffs Irving and Love have to be firing on all cylinders to have a shot.

I did watch a significant part of the Celtics- Warriors game, and kudos to Boston for winning. It got mentioned over on the Browns Forum by another poster- and I agree, the way to beat Golden State is not necessarily to shoot the lights out, but play great perimeter defense & make Thompson and Curry take contested shots. And I couldn't believe the looks on those Warrior's fans faces after they lost- they looked like their dog just died- or worse. Sheeze guys, you actually lost a game at home- it happens occasionally. GS gets knocked out of the playoffs, they had better post guards on the Golden Gate for suicide watch. Um- if the Lakers can beat the Warriors when they're having an off shooting night- anyone can. It's going to be a tall order for a team to hope they'll go flat in a seven game series- and they'll have home court over anyone who comes out of the East.

Hmmm...

Suddenly, with just over a week left to play before the playoffs, they look tired, prone to mistakes, and vulnerable on their home floor.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/wolves-push-warriors--pursuit-of-73-to-the-brink-with-comeback-win-060842474.html

''It was one of our most complete games of the season as far as offense and defense and having both of those for the whole game,'' Cavs coach Tyronn Lue.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/j-r-smith-scores-21-hot-shooting-cavs-021842328--nba.html#

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/j-r-smith-scores-21-hot-shooting-cavs-021842328--nba.html#

:) What I was saying...... You get LeBron being LeBron, and Love, Irving, JR, Frye firing on all cylinders- we'll see......... To paraphrase the World's Most Interesting Man "Stay healthy, my friends, stay healthy".

That might have been the most dominant game the Cavs have played all year.

Regarding the Warriors, I have to wonder if the pressure of winning 73 is getting to them. They need to go 4-0, or 3-1 to beat or tie the Bull's record. BTW, the last four games, they play the Spurs & Grizzlies twice each.

Cavs are done. Bulls game proved it. Playoffs are around the corner and the cavs are not even close to peaking. Cavs need to be able to beat teams like the bulls on pure scheme, almost be able to sleepwalk through the game. Everything is a fight....they wont hold up till the finals.

Lebrons done too, legs are gone. If he gets steam going from the arc he can still freight train to the hoop but thats it. His finesse skills are completely gone. No legs. His lateral quickness has vanished

Archived