THE BROWNS BOARD

Finally a real game!

manbearpig

I don't know how many ways I can say it.

Zydrunas Ilgauskus is a faggoty little girl. I don't care how many jumpshots he hits from 20 feet or how many pretty tips he has, he's a girl that belongs in the WNBA. We continue to get laughed at down low by the Lakers, Rockets, Magic, Celtics, Spurs, etc.

If that homo really wanted to win, he'd get tough and put his body at risk and bang like a MAN once in a while. But he'd rather be a finesse jumpshooting fag. And people continue to support him because he's "Big Z" and he's been around since '97. I guess they'd rather not win a championship.

Didn't catch the game tonight, but I'm not surprised about the low post abuse. One play that will take some time to forget was a few games ago against Toronto. When Z was backing down "mini-Dirk" Andrea Bargnani...used his size to get to the rim, then threw up a terrible scoop shot that might not even have drawn rim.

I still don't see Hickson as a force, but anything he can do down low would be appreciated.

Guest Masters

Yao is Yao, and can put up those numbers most nights. Not to mention he isn't exactly a physical player down low. Those Lakers some think are so tough down low let Yao put up 26 on them on 12-12 shooting a month ago when they had Bynum in the lineup still. He also did the same thing to BOS and ORL this season (guess Howard is soft too). Then again, last time HOU played CLE, Yao was held to 19.

This is just over reacting at it's finest. Cavs as a team tonight played like trash. They shot 33% from the field. That will lose a game any day of the week. It happens. Just like BOS played like crap the other night against the Clippers, or the Lakers their last couple of games, where they needed Kobe to be Kobe in the final minutes to beat teams like OKC, GS, and MIN.

Besides Yao, who else beat CLE down low tonight?

Letting Von Wafer look all world and scoring 19pts was a far bigger problem for CLE tonight.

Throw in James missing shots, getting into early foul trouble, complaining to the refs and went an entire game without an assist for the first time in his career.

If CLE interior D is so bad, why are they talked about as one of the best D's in the NBA.

By the way, for being so soft on the interior, especially Z, how did they out rebound HOU, on both the offensive and defensive end? CLE by no means has Howard down low, but not many do. Gasol certainly is not tough on the interior, either on O or D. There is a reason he has the nick name of Gasoft

Stan, as to Shaq, he cost to much this year and next against the cap, coupled with PHX not wanting Wallace. Shaq and Wallace would have cost CLE close to 30M next year. That is why it would have been a bad trade. Oh, and like you I love Austin Carr and remember him (he was actually a family friend back in the day).

Guest ATENEARS

I think Wafer only lit-it-up, only after we started rotating the house down to stop Yao.

We just look helpless when a team constantly goes to the paint on us ... absolutly helpless. Again, I don't care what LA did or does or anyone else. I care that we looked like boys last night.

Why on some nights are we so tentative attacking the basket, especially early-on? We always waste that single possession (will be either the first or second possession) on Ben Wallace trying to make a move on someone as if that one-single play is gonna keep the opposing teams defense honest. Then we half-ass finger rolls from 8' off the front of the rim. We look like we are afraid of contact. It's those nights that build up an opposing teams defenses' confidence and then start getting in front of Lebron and getting a call or two and on his way to foul trouble.

I thought the Rockets did a lot of hip-chucking tonight. Yao stopped Varejao with his body on one visit to the rim, and another Rocket blocked his shot from behind (no-call). I thought Artest used a bit too much hip and knee chucking on Lebron all night. Being that it wasn't called all night actually made it a well officiated game, but I think that slowed Lebron and halted the Cavs.

The inbound violation was gay. That same thing happens at least a dozen times per each game and is never called. Especially when no Houston player was even in the vicinity.

Just a disappointing game. From what I seen of Yao in the all-star game he looked a bit ragged ... he was nothing but that last night. we had no answer and once he squared his shoulders you could count-it.

There is just something about this Cavs team that irks the hell out of me.

Guest ATENEARS
Oh, and like you I love Austin Carr and remember him (he was actually a family friend back in the day).

He was actually a family friend of a friend of mine growing up too.

I also like Campy Russell still around also.

What is so irking is a big guy like Z being such a finesse player. I love his outside shot but it's a two edged sword.

I have hopes for JJ but right now watching him reminds me of myself when I use to attempt to play basketball... Up and down the court I go with not a clue where I'm going or an actual plan.

At least Wally was smart enough to help him out and point to spots on the floor and direct JJ. Only saw it happen once last night but the little things become amplified with such an irritating game.

Guest Masters
I agree masters, not time to gripe yet.

Now after San Antonio tonight... :wacko:

yeeesh, what a back to back.

Exactly. SA is in the class of BOS and ORL when it come to D.

Guest Masters
He was actually a family friend of a friend of mine growing up too.

I also like Campy Russell still around also.

Same here.

Guess Carr really made the rounds back in the day. He's a great guy, so it's no surprise.

Guest Masters
I think Wafer only lit-it-up, only after we started rotating the house down to stop Yao.

We just look helpless when a team constantly goes to the paint on us ... absolutly helpless. Again, I don't care what LA did or does or anyone else. I care that we looked like boys last night.

Why on some nights are we so tentative attacking the basket, especially early-on? We always waste that single possession (will be either the first or second possession) on Ben Wallace trying to make a move on someone as if that one-single play is gonna keep the opposing teams defense honest. Then we half-ass finger rolls from 8' off the front of the rim. We look like we are afraid of contact. It's those nights that build up an opposing teams defenses' confidence and then start getting in front of Lebron and getting a call or two and on his way to foul trouble.

I thought the Rockets did a lot of hip-chucking tonight. Yao stopped Varejao with his body on one visit to the rim, and another Rocket blocked his shot from behind (no-call). I thought Artest used a bit too much hip and knee chucking on Lebron all night. Being that it wasn't called all night actually made it a well officiated game, but I think that slowed Lebron and halted the Cavs.

The inbound violation was gay. That same thing happens at least a dozen times per each game and is never called. Especially when no Houston player was even in the vicinity.

Just a disappointing game. From what I seen of Yao in the all-star game he looked a bit ragged ... he was nothing but that last night. we had no answer and once he squared his shoulders you could count-it.

There is just something about this Cavs team that irks the hell out of me.

I'll start with the last time. It's because they have potential. The reaction on losses reminds me of the 2007 Browns season. Every loss was the sky was falling, even earlier in the season. It's being a fan and nothing wrong with it. We all know being a CLE fan is like being Charlie Brown waiting for Lucy to pull the ball away. I personally don't have the stomach to see the team we all love hated on for no good reason.

They double Yao most of the night, but I feel you. CLE has lapses on D some nights. James and coach Brown talk about it every time after the game. They slip into bad help D and rotation. It irked me the last two times they played the Lakers and ORL. Dudes just weren't moving on D and getting to where they should be. Just like last night. But it's one game. Playoff series are different.

Really James, West, and Mo are the only guys who can really attack the basket. It isn't Z's game, and never has been. Plus Z being out of the paint is what allows those lanes for James, Mo, and West. If CLE had a Shaq like C who can't shoot from 15ft away, the lane would always be clogged with defenders. Of course if James gets in foul trouble, it does really mess w/ the O as CLE isn't post up team. It just isn't their game.

Side show Bob is gonna get beat down low by Yao both on O and D. We are talkign 6'10" vs. 7'4". It's a bad mismatch no matter how you slice it.

Artest got away with some stuff on D tonight. There was a little home court ref'ing going on. Artest is also known as a great defender, and get's some of those NBA non-calls on D in the way great O players get calls for just being them.

It was a disapointing game, but it was a game. Cavs are still 44-12 after all.

Guest Masters
What is so irking is a big guy like Z being such a finesse player. I love his outside shot but it's a two edged sword.

I have hopes for JJ but right now watching him reminds me of myself when I use to attempt to play basketball... Up and down the court I go with not a clue where I'm going or an actual plan.

At least Wally was smart enough to help him out and point to spots on the floor and direct JJ. Only saw it happen once last night but the little things become amplified with such an irritating game.

It's who Z is. He's actually one of the best post players. But if you're looking for that spin and dunk like Shaq or Howard, it just won't happen. He ain't got the hops or the build.

JJ will get there. He does look lost sometimes. But that also comes from not actually playing in games. Practice is practice after all. We'll have to see what Williams can do, and I won't be surprised if Wright now sees playing time.

Same here.

Guess Carr really made the rounds back in the day. He's a great guy, so it's no surprise.

When I was a kid, I saved up my allowance and bought those Sports Illustrated posters for my room.

I had Austin Carr on one wall, Greg Pruitt on one and Buddy Bell on another.

But, alas, none of them were "friends of the family".

Zombo

Guest ATENEARS
When I was a kid, I saved up my allowance and bought those Sports Illustrated posters for my room.

I had Austin Carr on one wall, Greg Pruitt on one and Buddy Bell on another.

But, alas, none of them were "friends of the family".

Zombo

Homo, when I was a kid I had Cheryl Tiegs, Farrah Fawcett, and Goldie Hawn posters on my bedroom wall.

cheryl10.jpgfarrah-fawcett.jpggoldie_hawn_150.JPG

Homo, when I was a kid I had Cheryl Tiegs, Farrah Fawcett, and Goldie Hawn posters on my bedroom wall.

cheryl10.jpgfarrah-fawcett.jpggoldie_hawn_150.JPG

Goldie Hawn?

You need a little meat in your lineup. Maybe Cheryl Ladd, Victoria Principal or Charlene's Tiltin'.

insp8902.jpg

Zombo

Archived