THE BROWNS BOARD

Spring training games

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Anyone gone to a spring training game this year? I am going this weekend and wanted to see if there were any tips or things to look out for?

Guest Masters
I've been to a few, Masters.

Not sure about tips. Where are you going?

Beanpot

To the new spring training facility for the Tribe, in Goodyear, AZ. Was seeing if anyone else has gone there yet. Tips for talegating, shoping, getting autographs, etc.

To the new spring training facility for the Tribe, in Goodyear, AZ. Was seeing if anyone else has gone there yet. Tips for talegating, shoping, getting autographs, etc.

From what I have read, the new complex isn't as intimate...as with anything new I suppose.

One article I read said there was a open area players occasionally had to traverse, but for the most part, walking and talking to players going between fields as you could in Florida is pretty much done.

And as with anything new that is sports related, I am sure there won't be a lack of spots to drop some money on hats and tee's.

I don't know if you are staying in Goodyear or the greater Phoenix area

But from what I understand the freeways in the west end (Goodyear Area)

are getting some major reconstruction done to them

here is the best I can do from a guy I respect from another website

On camp days and every other non-game day they will be doing drills, BP, etc usually from 9am-11amish and then scrimmaging in the afternoon from about 1-4pmish. Early in camp will be no scrimmages obviously and just more drills.

I am unsure what the access is going to be like, but I don't expect it to be anything like Winter Haven where you literally could bounce around between all the fields and walk right by players. I'm going the final week and a half of camp, so sorry I can't report on anything before then except what others post here or tell me privately (so far, the word "horror" has been used a lot to explain the access to the fields/players).

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/boards/view...80&start=50

I haven't been to the Cactus League in nearly a decade, so someone else can better answer this.

Here's a link to a "Fan's Guide of Goodyear Park" that includes this bit of info:

Of immediate interest is attending workouts for the Indians. The team's training facility is located south of the ballpark. Fans will have partial access to two training fields on the north side of the facility. The main practice field is set up with the same dimension as Progressive Field. There are small sets of bleachers overlooking each field, but access to players are limited: a fence is set up roughly next to first base, so you'll be limited to viewing the action from the left- and right-field corners of the practice fields. Players will need to go out of their way to interact with fans during practices.

http://www.springtrainingonline.com/200902...ns-goodyear.htm

Beanpot

Guest Masters

Thanks guys. I appreciated it.

I am actually staying in Goodyear about 5 minutes from the park. Have seats behind home for Friday, and VIP Box seats next to the Tribe dug out on Saturday.

Archived