THE BROWNS BOARD

Is it just me?

firebiker911

Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while (recovering from awful season), but, Is it just me or does everyone else get the feeling that the new regime does not feel they can win win this team? Seems like another rebuilding season to me. I don't know if I can take another sub .500 season again. I think the players are here to at least compete now. I haven't heard that from anyone in the oranization though. Comments?

Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while (recovering from awful season), but, Is it just me or does everyone else get the feeling that the new regime does not feel they can win win this team? Seems like another rebuilding season to me. I don't know if I can take another sub .500 season again. I think the players are here to at least compete now. I haven't heard that from anyone in the oranization though. Comments?

Its pretty much a commandment. New regime = New players

Its pretty much a commandment. New regime = New players

Not in Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

To the OP, yeah it does "feel" that way a bit, but its early. Let's see where the roster ends up heading into mini-camp. We'll have a better sense then. (Although, I can tell you right now I'll pull my usual, annual, "Man, this team could win it all" optimism when camp opens regardless.)

did i miss something, did we get any new players yet. We've only lost K2, and Andra Davis and that was for the better

Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a while (recovering from awful season), but, Is it just me or does everyone else get the feeling that the new regime does not feel they can win win this team?

i get the feeling that they want to build the team with a long term view. If they were signing a hodge podge of free agents and, at the same time, raising my ticket prices, then i'd be worried.

What moves have they made? They've let Sean Jones test his value which (despite what you read here), apparently isn't worth much. They've traded Kellen which, after the shock has worn off, most of us understand the strategy behind it. He's pissed off Rogers, which i could care less about.

i see a front office that is acting with a plan, and that is refreshing. They're not telling us what the plan is, and i'm OK with that. We can see the main componenets as it is unfolding. To me, the atmosphere feels much healthier than a year ago.

Well i know about me.

We have a fresh start with a new coach.

We will either have BQ begin the new season or a healthy DA.

A #5 draft pick on the team plus our other aquired picks.

A new tight end. :rolleyes:

A new head coach.

This list will continue to grow as the season approaches, losing K2 and the rest who will follow will be a mere cleansing of the losing ways.

As always i feel they can win and hope they feel they can win for years to come with the right formula.

Bring on the draft!

We have a new coach!

i get the feeling that they want to build the team with a long term view. If they were signing a hodge podge of free agents and, at the same time, raising my ticket prices, then i'd be worried.

What moves have they made? They've let Sean Jones test his value which (despite what you read here), apparently isn't worth much. They've traded Kellen which, after the shock has worn off, most of us understand the strategy behind it. He's pissed off Rogers, which i could care less about.

i see a front office that is acting with a plan, and that is refreshing. They're not telling us what the plan is, and i'm OK with that. We can see the main componenets as it is unfolding. To me, the atmosphere feels much healthier than a year ago.

I totally agree! We are not seeing panic moves as in years past. It's pretty obvious that there is finally a plan in place & it will be very interesting to see it unfold. I am very encouraged by what I see so far.

Mike

I totally agree! We are not seeing panic moves as in years past. It's pretty obvious that there is finally a plan in place & it will be very interesting to see it unfold. I am very encouraged by what I see so far.

Mike

AMEN

What makes you feel that way?

Because they are letting some people they don't want, that haven't produced walk? Or because they aren't throwing tons of money at over-the-hill free agents? Because they're not providing a show for us?

I know it can't be because they seem to be running this team like a professional organization with a plan and purpose.

And it couldn't be because they aren't leaking rumors to the media everyday to make it look like they are really on top of things.

At the end of training camp come back and tell us if you still feel that way. Let's see if they kick Wimbley in the ass and make the DBs man up and take responsibility. Let's see first if they realize that a 3-4 defense needs LBs to be effective, then draft them. Let's see if they tell Edwards to shut up and play. Then we should know what kind of season to expect.

is mangini tight-lipped and mysterious throughout the regular season too? anybody know?

Yes, he learned from Belichick and coaches much like him and his interaction with the media is about the same. You won't hear much in rumors coming from Berea and players are instructed to keep their problems inhouse.

They will run a tight ship and the only problem with that is the media has to try to find something to write about so they make up stupid rumors.

They will run a tight ship and the only problem with that is the media has to try to find something to write about so they make up stupid rumors.

Well they better ship out Shaun Smith . He is a media darling to Mary K and Adre Nnott . He dispenses team wisdom along with his "sucker punches" :lol:

Bottom is while all of Brownstown was shitting their pants on how well Sewage improved the team a few of us saw him decrementally making the team worse...........and that is what happened

So yeah, the best thing that can be done is blow up what we have as in a pile of shit...............

and rebuild

Savage left us with a team worse than what Butch sent to him

except too many kept drinking the cool aid

Best thing that ever happened was firing Sewage

let's hope we can rebuilt this team

Ok Guys, maybe it is just me, I think I'm going to take a more positive look at things to come and hopefully things will change this time. I've been a fan my whole life and I beginning to know what it feels like to be a die hard Chicago Cubs fan. Just hope they can win the Big one in my lifetime. Hopefully many.

Archived