THE BROWNS BOARD

Clay III Coming in for a Workout

Report from OBR is that Mathews is scheduled to come in to Cleveland for a workout. You have to think he has moved up into the first round, but he could be an option if they trade down or package a 2nd and Anderson to move into the bottom of the first round. Might depend on what trades we make and how FA works itself out.

Report from OBR is that Mathews is scheduled to come in to Cleveland for a workout. You have to think he has moved up into the first round, but he could be an option if they trade down or package a 2nd and Anderson to move into the bottom of the first round. Might depend on what trades we make and how FA works itself out.

Someone go check it out on their lunch, thanks.

Someone go check it out on their lunch, thanks.

The date isn't set yet.............................................Mathews just acknowledged taht he talked to Browns personnel and he will be coming in for a personal workout.

This has a distinct public relations odor to it. I mean it reeks of PR.

I think Clay is a kind of wasted pick, but that's me.

I would agree, the guy was the third best linebacker on his own team and he goes and has a good workout at the combine and now hes a god. If he was a 3rd rd. projection during the season I'd stick with that. To many teams have regretted moving guys up their board based on workouts instead of what they did on the field.

I would agree, the guy was the third best linebacker on his own team and he goes and has a good workout at the combine and now hes a god. If he was a 3rd rd. projection during the season I'd stick with that. To many teams have regretted moving guys up their board based on workouts instead of what they did on the field.

Personally if we trade down to the middle of the first round I would much rather have Cushing who can play both inside and out. He can rush the passer and is good in coverage. I believe he was the best LB on USC's team this year.

I would agree, the guy was the third best linebacker on his own team and he goes and has a good workout at the combine and now hes a god. If he was a 3rd rd. projection during the season I'd stick with that.

Absolutely.

I'm gonna take this one step further, and say that if his name wasn't Clay Freaking Matthews, y'all wouldn't even know who the h-e-double-hockey-sticks he was.

Besides, though I'm no physiologist, does THIS look like a frame that can add 30 MORE pounds??? His biceps would actually explode...

Clay%20Matthews%20bulk.jpg

Look at his performance at Socal

I am. here are his 2008 stats.

GP Solo Ast Total TFL/Yds No-Yds

13 28 28 56 9.0-59 4.5-42

That's a stud????

and his combine numbers.

So? On-the-field performance tells me WAY more than combine stats/hype.

That is NOT homer favoritism.

I'm fairly certain it is.

but I see it as this kid IS his fathers son through and through. The genetics of this family is made for playing football and I don't think he'll disappoint one bit.

Perhaps, but Michael Jordan's kid isn't playing in the NBA anytime soon...

I think Clay 3's a marginal player with a fierce motor who benefits (ESPECIALLY from Browns fans) from a famous name.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I will be.

I understand the name recognition thing, and some will say those who want Clay are just homers who want him cause his dad played for us, but I see it as this kid IS his fathers son through and through. The genetics of this family is made for playing football and I don't think he'll disappoint one bit.

He's going to fill out even more once he gets into the NFL and they get him on all those diets and suppliments (the legal ones of course)

Based on watching him play and knowing who his dad AND his uncle are I don't see how this kid is going to bust unless he suffers some sort of tragic injury.

Trust me, I'm a huge Clay Matthews II homer and would love to have his son play on the Browns and do what daddy did (4 pro bowls).

But to say III will succeed because daddy and uncle did so really holds no merit. Grandpa was a bust in the NFL. Kyle Matthews is a bust and who the heck is Casey Matthews playing at UO?

I'm sure there is some homerisms going on...D'oh! But it's not entirely the name, otherwise we'd be able to get him in round 2 or later. He is a late 1st rounder in most mock drafts which leads me to believe he has hype outside of Clevelandville and they'd have no reason to be homers, Clay wasn't the MJ of the NFL, just a gamer with game.

Here's what I'd like to see. Trade our 5th overall pick for a mid 20th pick and 2nd pick. Draft Clay III and Package Braylon to NYG for Mathias Kawinaka. So here's what our linebackers would look like:

OLB-Kamerion Wimbley

ILB-D'Qwell Jackson

ILB-Clay Matthews

OLB-Mathias Kiwinaka

It isn't the best, buts its definately 20 times better.

I like Cushing and C3, and if there was a way to get both I'd be in heaven.

Cushing is probably going to turn out to be the better pro, sure, I'll give you that.

C3 is going to be a guy who gives you a good game every game. I don't think he's got STAR written on him that is going to provide that "impact" we're looking for but I'd definitely say with his acceleration, heart and smarts he's going to be a solid guy you're going to get good production out of for years and not have to worry about him being a liability out there.

One more thing, C3 played ILB, OLB AND DE throughout his years.

He's a very versatile Vrable like kind of guy.

Here's what I'd like to see. Trade our 5th overall pick for a mid 20th pick and 2nd pick. Draft Clay III and Package Braylon to NYG for Mathias Kawinaka. So here's what our linebackers would look like:

OLB-Kamerion Wimbley

ILB-D'Qwell Jackson

ILB-Clay Matthews

OLB-Mathias Kiwinaka

It isn't the best, buts its definately 20 times better.

Can you people stop with the trading Braylon shit! Who the xxxx will Brady throw to without Edwards. Oh wait, I forgot we have Donte Stallworth! Give me a break!

Can you people stop with the trading Braylon shit! Who the xxxx will Brady throw to without Edwards. Oh wait, I forgot we have Donte Stallworth! Give me a break!

If mankok thinks they can get him play im all for keeping braylon its a contract year for BE and that should motivate him..but i have serious doubts about braylons character,heart and hands and if he doesnt produce we will have a no value WR on our hands...he never could hold on to the football when delivered to his breadbasket/number which will be even more concerning with an accurate qb..

BE has always been a dropsy WR but when he makes those incredible vertical snags we have a tendency to forget the simple to the number passes that he dropped with footsteps and even without..

I love clay matthews but if we get the chance and dont take him for the right reasons im not going to be sore about it i dont think mankok cares about fan pr they want to build a winner and i give their insight and vision the benifit over the doubt..

Archived