THE BROWNS BOARD

Very hard Mock year

Solon16

there really isn't much separation between #1 and # 32.....I see Jason Smith, Curry as the only two guys worth top 10 Money this year. This will be the hardest Mock draft I've done in 20 years. first time in a long time that there aren't 8 solid elite guys that have separated themselves somewhat. I'm reading some guys want everrette Brown at 5 (ridiculous) late first rounder and Bust all over him!.

Going to be interesting one at least!

Everette Brown is pure speed and not much else. His coverage and run stopping abilities are questionable, at best. I would stay far away from him. The last thing we need is another one-trick-pony opposite Wimbley, who would most likely have to be moved to the strong side to accommodate Brown.

We already have Wimpley Wimpley Wimpley. What we need is Hefty Hefty Hefty (i.e. Brian Orakpo).

-Al

Keep us as far away from Brown and Orakpo as possible. We don't need any more conversion projects.

I don't consider Orakpo a conversion project. My main issue with him is durability.

agreed. orakpo's got the goods more so than any of the other two top-tier pass rushers in the draft. after him, the second guy worth taking, if you're looking for a pass rusher, is larry english, but he's a 18-28 guy who's a conversion project more so than orakpo.

Keep us as far away from Brown and Orakpo as possible. We don't need any more conversion projects.

You want to keep away from conversion projects? Then how do you purpose we get outside linebackers?

Demarcus Ware - converted

James Harrison - converted

Lamarr Woodley - converted

Terrell Suggs - converted

Adalius Thomas - converted

etc, etc, etc.

Of all the top starting 3-4 outside linebackers, only Merriman played linebacker in college. You can't stay away from conversion projects.

You should be able to add Crabtree safely in your top 10. Injury or not, he performed and one can watch film.

That's three

mAYBE...WHAT IF HE RUNS/RAN A 4.7? N E WAY THIS IS THE TOUGHEST MOCK IN YEARS!

I really can't find a difference in players other than needs between # 1-32...weird year to mock....could miss on all of them when I'm usually around the 35 to 40% group...which is pretty high. Stafford #1 from what I've seen in there(Detroit) offseason moves though....they have Culpepper and stanton and Drew Hensen....I think they should go after J.Smith but my gut says stafford will be there pick!

Archived