THE BROWNS BOARD

Brian Cushing

Guest AdaM

Never heard him speak, but it's a good thing I don't do the hiring because that would play a fairly significant factor in if I drafted a guy or not.

I am not talking about accents...I know blacks have have their deal going on and northerners sound funny,(just a little jab for the southern jokes).....but seriously, if you can't even communicate in an effective manner and have a grasp of the language, I wouldn't want them. Lack of that ability shows a general deficiency in intelligence, or a bit of an attitude.

Lack of that ability shows a general deficiency in intelligence, or a bit of an attitude.

You might be right, 'Peen but you might be mis-interpreting the lack of an education with a bad attitude. Of course, a lot of 'gang-bangers' talk like they have an attitude - and they do.

However, somebody from the same neighborhood who has, somehow, escaped 'the hood' might sound the same. Doesn't mean that he is a bad person, however.

Whether or not he can understand an NFL playbook is another story all together.

Cushing went to Bergen Catholic HS in NJ, a mere 27 miles from where I grew up. I assure you he isn't from the 'hood. He certainly wasn't denied an education nor did he grow up on the streets, as far as I can tell. Maybe he's just dumb.

Wow, and most folks here are busy talking him up and dissing Laurinaitis.

Maybe as the pro days go on and the individual workouts take place JL will start to climb back up the boards. Because, he certainly has football smarts and talks like he did go to college for something other then football.

Besides, a 3 time all-american with post season awards shouldn't have to relay on his 40 time at the combine to make people realize that he is a football player.

Archived