THE BROWNS BOARD

Hard fouls

manbearpig

I was wondering if anyone had some stats on the fouls per game for us and against us. It seems to me that we have been pretty good about fouls and I rarely ever (or never) see a hard foul by the Cavs.... I am also wondering about hard fouls and I would like to know how many flagrant fouls we do. I personally have never seen any Cavs flagrants. (that I can recall)

Guest ATENEARS

I hate these new rules, eliminating the "hard foul" ... that use to be part of the game, like defensive backs making a statement to those who caught a pass over the middle.

You shouldn't ever give up an easy point in the paint, you should make teams pay for even thinking about feeding a big guy underneith.

The Cavs benefit from these new rules because they don't commit the hard foul.

It's rare that the Cavs ever even have anyone foul out, and we always seem to be at the receiving end of a flagrant foul given.

For a team that prides DEFENSE, we sure don't "put the hammer down" defensively.

I hate these new rules, eliminating the "hard foul" ... that use to be part of the game, like defensive backs making a statement to those who caught a pass over the middle.

You shouldn't ever give up an easy point in the paint, you should make teams pay for even thinking about feeding a big guy underneith.

The Cavs benefit from these new rules because they don't commit the hard foul.

It's rare that the Cavs ever even have anyone foul out, and we always seem to be at the receiving end of a flagrant foul given.

For a team that prides DEFENSE, we sure don't "put the hammer down" defensively.

So would you like to see more fouls? Sometimes I think we should commit more.

Guest ATENEARS
So would you like to see more fouls? Sometimes I think we should commit more.

Hell Yes ... when we are getting dominated in the paint, I wanna see blood.

Ehh... if you allow some of these things without calling a flagrant such as what Ariza did the other night, then where do you draw the line? Bringing a knife on the floor and stabbing the guy?

They've got to draw the line somewhere, and I think for the most part they get it right.

And I don't think the Cavs don't do it because of being afraid of a call, I just think they're too finesse to have hard fouls very often.

Cavs are looking good. This may be the year. Hard Fouls should be punished by death. After all Basketball is a no contact sport, at least it is supposed to be!

Archived