THE BROWNS BOARD

TEBOW IS BACK

It's probably not that it pisses him off, it's just that it gives him another opportunity to say "here is what I think and here is why I think what I think and look at how much type I can put in a post and aren't I really special"

Well, trust me. Steve knows how awesome an individual I am .... ask him.

I doubt however that he thinks much of you.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah....I think that was the real beef....the ole "Tebowing" on the field after every game.....

And, after it became THE big news every week, it also became a huge media swirl and then a distraction to the Broncos(think JFF).....so, they cut chase....and, I think, a lot of teams passed on giving him a shot because he created so much attention from the press and that whole distraction thing that no one wanted him bringing that to their locker room.....

And, even though it was all good christian stuff, doesnt mean he should put it over the needs of his team and create distractions with it. Im sure there are a zillion players who love god, but dont feel the need to make a scene about it after every game. And, before you say it wasn't a scene....yes, it became that with the media......So, my thought is that if he's hurting his team with the distractions, why didnt he just stop the whole public display and do his praying in private????

I think it all seemed like a big grand stand "look at me praying" kinda thing.....

I did not mind at all that he did that. He is perfectly entitled to do that. A lot of players whose names are not Tebow do that.

Well, imaloudmouthprickwithsaggyballsthatdouchnozzlesuckson, it's not for me to decide. So, unlike you, I won't use it as an opportunity to create pages and pages of "look at me" bull shit! That's about as cogent as it gets but since it is clearly your goal to twist every post into something you can make about yourself.....enjoy!

Yea, its all about me......

then why are people clamoring for me to be given a chance to be an NFL QB?

I did not mind at all that he did that. He is perfectly entitled to do that. A lot of players whose names are not Tebow do that.

Me either.....hey, after every single game, a large group of christian players from both teams always kneel down together at mid field and pray....it's never ever been an issue, nor raised a single eyebrow in the media...(Tim coulda joined them quietly too)(no one woulda noticed).

But, lets be honest, Tebow separated himself from the group and it went ballistic....Tebow Mania was born....and he made christian values his main mantra and started using his fame as a platform for Christian issues(doing stuff like anti-abortion ads, for example)....which we all know will stir a LOT of vinegar and piss people off(including his team, which really tries hard to appeal to everyone and avoid such polarizing issues as abortion and religion)...and, in the end, it was the media frenzy that he created(and perpetuated) that became the issue(not his praying, christianity or values).....

and he(like our boy Johnny) was the only one who created that media frenzy and the only one who could quell it....and when he didnt, the Broncos cut chase.....

I respect his values and being a guy who's willing to stand up for his beliefs.....but, know how the broad section of people are, I completely understand why an NFL team wouldn't want this guy as their representative.....(no soap box players please)

And....I think the Jets and Pats just cut him cause he couldnt play......

Actually, it is your ignorance and prejudice that knows no bounds.

Sorry that the truth gets you all butthurt.

The only thing about the guy that would matter to me is can he play QB in the NFL.

I am probably aware of hundreds of young people of about his age.....kids from my neighborhood, from the school that my wife works at, from the schools that my kids go to, from the church that my wife and kids go to, from the Boy Scouts that my kid belonged to..to the Key Club and Sorority my daughter belonged to .ALL people of character and worth as a human being....every bit as much as Tebow......but I don't see anyone insisting that they all be given jobs as an NFL QB....because....like Tebow, they do not possess the skills to do that job.

The NFL is not a charity. It is under no obligation to promote people to important positions simply because they are good persons. Tebow is a good person. So what? He can't really play QB, and that is what counts in the NFL.

Why does the NFL mentor the likes of Vick etc.? Because they CAN play QB. And that is the business the NFL is in.

I'm just a couple years younger than TT and trust me you do NOT know "hundreds" of people his age with just as high character as him. Sorry but that's laughable. I go to church 3x/week for various things and even I don't know anyone our age that's as good a person as him.

I'm just a couple years younger than TT and trust me you do NOT know "hundreds" of people his age with just as high character as him. Sorry but that's laughable. I go to church 3x/week for various things and even I don't know anyone our age that's as good a person as him.

Same here. I'm 25 and I abhor my age bracket. Hell, I think I'm the greatest person to walk this planet (as many can attest to) and I'm not even half as good of a person as Tim Tebow is.

The older generations take moral fiber for granted because they were generally raised to be hard-working, God fearing people. The amount of self-entitled, whiny, ignorant assholes is at an all-time high, so finding "good" people is becoming harder and harder.

All of this has nothing to do with football. From a football perspective, I'll always take a shot on a guy who proved he could do it in college, has the physical attributes, and spent two years still working at it when he could have taken a number of other job offers. Especially if it's for pennies on the dollar.

A one year deal, with no guaranteed money and no bonus incentives? It's basically a free extended tryout. At the very least...he's just as bad as he was in Denver.

So there are probably literally dozens of highly drafted quarterbacks who have fallen short of stardom in the NFL. What is it about this guy it brings out the hate? seems like a nice fellow, he works really hard, he's dedicated to getting better at his position, doesn't party or steal or rape bitches or drink or smoke weed, doesn't carry a gun or kick his girlfriends ass.

What's to hate?

WSS

I agree. I guess most don't like to see the good guys win anymore.

I love Tim Tebow. I don't give a shit what anybody says.

I agree. I guess most don't like to see the good guys win anymore.

I love Tim Tebow. I don't give a shit what anybody says.

I'd love to see him win and there's no doubt he's a good guy. I just don't think he can play QB in the NFL but I'm sure he will have a long successful broadcasting career if that's what he wants to do.

He doesn't deserve a chance at anything. I understand he has been in training for 18 months, maybe the Eagles saw something. Funny thing is, they now have 4 quarterbacks and still looking at Mariota. I just wonder what they are thinking.

Same here. I'm 25 and I abhor my age bracket. Hell, I think I'm the greatest person to walk this planet (as many can attest to) and I'm not even half as good of a person as Tim Tebow is.

The older generations take moral fiber for granted because they were generally raised to be hard-working, God fearing people. The amount of self-entitled, whiny, ignorant assholes is at an all-time high, so finding "good" people is becoming harder and harder.

All of this has nothing to do with football. From a football perspective, I'll always take a shot on a guy who proved he could do it in college, has the physical attributes, and spent two years still working at it when he could have taken a number of other job offers. Especially if it's for pennies on the dollar.

A one year deal, with no guaranteed money and no bonus incentives? It's basically a free extended tryout. At the very least...he's just as bad as he was in Denver.

I admire your honesty and agree.

It was laughable. How can anyone 60 plus say they 'know hundreds of people' in their 20's. Maybe say hello, or talk about the weather, but not know. I remember when I was in my twenties I had a different personality for the older folks then for the peer group. I'm sure that still pertains today.

well what would the christians say (who all get in a circle and pray after the game) when all the muslims break out a rug and pray to allah or the people who believe in sateria decide to slit a goat's throat at the 50 yard line?

hey what's right for you should be right for everyone, agree?

there's a reason some wise men long ago decided to keep church and state separate. can we do the same for a fucking game? if not i got the logo and name for the religious hybrid cleveland football franchise. the cleveland crusaders with a logo of christ on a crutch.

Dude your reasoning skills are so unbelievably poor it's really a waste of time to even respond to such poppycock. The number of false premises, misunderstandings of the arguments of others, and poor conclusions in your post are truly astounding. Even the lame attempt at humor was a massive bust. Why would Jesus be on a crutch for a team named the Crusaders? Are crutches of any relevance to the Crusades?

No one that I recall in this thread has argued they want to see more religious acts on the field. That's literally of zero relevance to whats being discussed here. Go yell at a cloud.

Dude your reasoning skills are so unbelievably poor it's really a waste of time to even respond to such poppycock. The number of false premises, misunderstandings of the arguments of others, and poor conclusions in your post are truly astounding. Even the lame attempt at humor was a massive bust. Why would Jesus be on a crutch for a team named the Crusaders? Are crutches of any relevance to the Crusades?

No one that I recall in this thread has argued they want to see more religious acts on the field. That's literally of zero relevance to whats being discussed here. Go yell at a cloud.

go down to the river and drown yourself in your self loathing asshole. maybe you'll be able to walk on water after that.

Muslims players pray after touchdowns. Some school bitched about it and then apologized. Can I get a so what?

WSS

in the nfl?

yeah, didn't think so. white america can withstand christians praying with the cameras on but 6 rows of muslims on the field....i don't think so.

I'd have to do a web search to see what your bitching about but I would assume Muslim players might pray after a score. I don't know if you have made up a prayer rug scenario in your head but who cares? Christian players don't yank out a bottle of wine and a piece of bread. It's actually pretty simple and nothing to get your bowels in an uproar over.

WSS

Well.....OK....so, you know no on your age that is as good as him.

First off....I am not sure how you define a "good" person. Is it piousness? One of the most pious person's I ever knew was later arrested for exposing himself to children. So that cannot be the main criteria per se.

Clearly we know from TV that going to church....or even preaching, does not make a person good. (half of these televangelists end up being crooks).

Maybe I don't personally know "hundreds", but I surely know several. I know that I will put my son's and several of my nephew's and several of my son's friend's character up against Tebow....and I will take them over him.

Again, I am not doubting nor debating Tebow's character.....I am only doubting certain peoples (and Tebow himself is NOT included in this group) that seem to believe that he should have some preference over all the other guys that I have mentioned previously in terms of being given an opportunity to play QB in the NFL.

If you were to ask....which one of these guys would you prefer the Browns sign as a potential backup QB, Troy Smith or Tim Tebow....I would choose Smith.....for his QB skills and nothing else.

in the nfl?

yeah, didn't think so. white america can withstand christians praying with the cameras on but 6 rows of muslims on the field....i don't think so.

In fact....just this past season one of the Chiefs players(a muslim...forgot his name) intercepted a pass and kneeled down to "give thanks to allah(or whatever they do to pray) and he was penalized 15 yards for it.....yet Tebow did it everytime and was praised for his purity and faith....

The Cheifs appealed later and won, so the NFL apologized.....(not that they got their 15 yards back or anything)

but Im thinking that ref kind of reflects how most people would react(or over react, if you will) if there was a Muslim group praying(like the christian group does).....Im sure there would be a stir by somebody, then probably the NFL would be forced to start making rules about religion and praying(even after the games over).....and then, ultimately, no one will be allowed just to shut up all the haters.....etc etc etc....

How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:

Sam Bradford

Eric Crouch

Chase Daniel

Ken Dorsey

Matt Flynn

Rex Grossman

Joey Harrington

Josh Huepel

Kevin Kolb

Chris Leak

Matt Leinert

Matt Mauck

AJ McCarron

Colt McCoy

Greg McElroy

Terrelle Pryor

Troy Smith

Tim Tebow

Jason White

Vince Young

How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:

Sam Bradford

Eric Crouch

Chase Daniel

Ken Dorsey

Matt Flynn

Rex Grossman

Joey Harrington

Josh Huepel

Kevin Kolb

Chris Leak

Matt Leinert

Matt Mauck

AJ McCarron

Colt McCoy

Greg McElroy

Terrelle Pryor

Troy Smith

Tim Tebow

Jason White

Vince Young

I would bring in those in Bold before I would bring in Tebow. (I know....a few of them are already on NFL rosters....many aren't)

In fact....just this past season one of the Chiefs players(a muslim...forgot his name) intercepted a pass and kneeled down to "give thanks to allah(or whatever they do to pray) and he was penalized 15 yards for it.....yet Tebow did it everytime and was praised for his purity and faith....

The Cheifs appealed later and won, so the NFL apologized.....(not that they got their 15 yards back or anything)

but Im thinking that ref kind of reflects how most people would react(or over react, if you will) if there was a Muslim group praying(like the christian group does).....Im sure there would be a stir by somebody, then probably the NFL would be forced to start making rules about religion and praying(even after the games over).....and then, ultimately, no one will be allowed just to shut up all the haters.....etc etc etc....

like everything else in this society. once someone gets to do something, everyone else expects to be able to do the same (which is right thinking in a free society). but someone's arse will get burned and changes will be made either to allow everyone to do it or no one to do it at all, which makes more sense to me.

This is the part that a lot of people seem to miss. Signing Tebow was literally the same thing we did with Vince Young a while back. He's technically under contract but if he gets cut they owe him nothing. This happens all the time in the NFL, just not often with a famous name. People get confused often because he signed a deal.

the thing with tebow is you have everyone and their brother in the media now telling you what tebow is there for....."he'll be a HB and go in on goal line sits to run the ball in" (even though he says he onlywants to play the QB position), "he's the perfect fit for kelly's offense and will be the everyday starter" (well if tebow is the perfect fit for kelly's offense then why did they trade foles for bradford, who couldn't scramble an egg?).

kelly is grasping for straws now knowing that no GM is going to cave for his conquest to land mariota, unless of course, he gives up a TON of everything leaving the philly franchise broke and busted (figuratively).

Cleveland Crusaders was our WHA entry IIRC...

At least this thread has finally proven there's nothing controversial about Tebow...

The older generations take moral fiber for granted because they were generally raised to be hard-working, God fearing people.

Going to have to turn in your millennial membership card...

Many of us got over the "God-fearing" part. As one, I could care less what Tebow caused to celebrate his moments of fame as he did. But I never got the sense that self-aggrandizement was his motivation.

Can't say the same about other celebrations, e.g., a certain fingers action once known as the "money sign", IIRC...

Archived