THE BROWNS BOARD

Torry Holt

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

I think Holt would be an excellent pick-up for us. The kid has great work ethic that could hopefully rub off on Braylon. Braylon stretching long and Holt filling a consistient #2 role ... sounds like a great pairing to me.

i think that it would be an ok signing, but mankok is not going to pay too much for him. that is the way they have been doing things all off season. holt would want too much. if all else fails the broncos will sign him because their new philosophy is: "find as many free agents who are passed their prime and give them boat loads of money. that is the road to a superbowl."

Not sure I pay for a Holt if I am uncertain of my starting QB. If I am Holt, I don't come for the same reason.

Please understand they aren't unsure of who the QB will be. Fact is you don't diss a QB you are trying to trade. So, they will continue to say nice things about Anderson. Quinn has been in Berea working with Dabol for weeks on the play book. Anderson is in Palm Springs playing golf and hasn't been around. Does that seem to indicate the team is uncertain.

As far as Holt. I think Stallworth would be too big a cap hit to release. He was guaranteed a lot of money. We just may be stuck with him.

Please understand they aren't unsure of who the QB will be. Fact is you don't diss a QB you are trying to trade. So, they will continue to say nice things about Anderson. Quinn has been in Berea working with Dabol for weeks on the play book. Anderson is in Palm Springs playing golf and hasn't been around. Does that seem to indicate the team is uncertain.

As far as Holt. I think Stallworth would be too big a cap hit to release. He was guaranteed a lot of money. We just may be stuck with him.

stallworth's cap hit will prevent us from releasing him, but i don't think that's any reason we shouldn't bring holt in. he's a great receiver who's still got at least two good years left in him. six mil per year or so with about half of that guaranteed sounds like a reasonable investment in our offense to let us go three wide with three viable guys or have at least two guys when stallworth is out again. plus, holt runs absolutely brilliant routes, some of the best in the league, which is always good to have and something that every receiver should learn.

it would be a bigger investment than we've made in any other player so far, but holt has far more value than anyone we've looked at so far.

my biggest concern is that i don't know how he run blocks (i'm guessing not especially well), and we need that if we're going to establish the kind of run game that will win year in and year out in the AFCN, which it looks like mankok is planning to do, despite our current paucity of RBs.

With JJ probably not coming back again and not even having a solid #3 guy on the team since Eric is flirting with Cribbs on defense if we could get him for the right price Holt could be a solid 2 year guy for us.

That gives us the flexibility to go after a RB, RG and Center this season (maybe even a RT) and see if Hubbard or Steptoe can pan out.

Even tho i would love to have him but he doesnt look like he fits what were trying to build here. We are trying to stay away from top dollars guys and build up depth and quality youth he doesnt fit either of those criteria.

Like I said I would love to have him but he is too expensive to invest in a declining WR

Please understand they aren't unsure of who the QB will be. Fact is you don't diss a QB you are trying to trade. So, they will continue to say nice things about Anderson.
Quinn has been in Berea working with Dabol for weeks on the play book.
Anderson is in Palm Springs playing golf and hasn't been around. Does that seem to indicate the team is uncertain.

Haven't seen the Quinn information that you mentioned anywhere. Link please.

Anderson is in Palm Springs playing golf and hasn't been around. Does that seem to indicate the team is uncertain.

Haven't seen the Quinn information that you mentioned anywhere. Link please.

I'm not going to look around for links but he is staying in Cleveland and is working out at the facility. Read where Dabol spent a few days with Weis so he could draw on Quinn's strengths. Mangini said him and Dabol have spent time together since Dabol's arrival. I got to talk to Quinn at the Kelly Pavlik fight in Youngstown and he said he is 100% and has been working out to increase his arm strength and has been throwing inside.

I got to talk to Quinn at the Kelly Pavlik fight in Youngstown and he said he is 100% and has been working out to increase his arm strength and has been throwing inside.

Glad to hear that. I just hope he isn't overly worried about it or allowing it to change his game too much. That arm strength stuff is overrated......Unless you are wanting to throw a fastball by a curveball hitter.

I would love to see Holt in Cleveland. He's a quality guy as well as a football player.

Glad to hear that. I just hope he isn't overly worried about it or allowing it to change his game too much. That arm strength stuff is overrated......Unless you are wanting to throw a fastball by a curveball hitter.

I would love to see Holt in Cleveland. He's a quality guy as well as a football player.

Quinn did some work with Dick Hartzell at Jump Stretch Inc. Where I also do some work for my back. Dick just put together a program for him working with his bands to stengthen the whole shoulder area and create more range of motion and stamina. It really isn't about throwing the ball harder, it is about increased range of motion of the joint so he can throw with less effort and increasing the stamina so he would not get fatigued through training camp. That tired or fatigued arm can create problems on the long out routes.

The program will also help his elbow and wrist.

Rebuilding Rams release WR HoltComment Email Print Share By John Clayton

ESPN.com

Archive

After they failed to gain trade value, the Rams announced Friday they have released wide receiver Torry Holt.

Holt had a $1.25 million roster bonus due March 17, and the Rams didn't plan to keep him at his $8 million salary. As they did earlier this week with left tackle Orlando Pace, the Rams parted ways with Holt.

"The Rams will forever be grateful for the way Torry Holt represented the Rams on the field and in the community," Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom said. "He is an All Pro in every sense of the word. Over the past 10 seasons, Torry has proven himself to be one of the finest wide receivers in league history. This is a difficult decision because Torry has meant so much to the organization. In my mind and for all Rams fans, Torry will always be a Ram and we wish him and his family nothing but the best as they move forward."

The releases of Holt and Pace cleared out $14 million of cap room for the Rams. Holt ranks 11th on the league's all-time reception list with 869 catches. He started 147 games in 10 seasons.

If JJ aint coming back we need something and if Holt was willing to take a paycut...

Who knows, he could be Joe Horn alll over again.

I just don't want to see us overpaying for on the downside FAs again no matter how big the need because it helps a little now but bites you in the ass later.

Archived