THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Jurevicius released

EERSandBROWNS

Nice.

Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

Regards

..... an'at

You know what they say about people that live in glass houses? I was real impressed about the concern Steeler fans had for Joe Gilliam and Mike Webster when they really were living out on the street.

In the end, Joe wasn't going to fit in to the plans.

Great guy who had a nice career, but a guy who wasn't going to help us long term.

He may have been able to help us this season to some degree, but his roster spot would mean someone else would need to be cut...and possibly that someone would have been a guy who could be helping us 4-5 years down the road.

I know everybody wanted Joe to retire a Cleveland Brown, but evidently Joe didn't want that.

Nice.

Regards

..... an'at

And for the record, his procedure that he contracted Staph from did NOT take place in Cleveland. It was California, I believe.

Staph isnt something you 'catch' from anywhere specific. Pretty much everyone is exposed to it, it just doesn't decide to act up in everyone. Every single NFL lockerroom has staph in it.

Nice.

Regards

..... an'at

D:

Go away. I want to hit you. I went to the same high school as him. I wish they'd let him play, but that's probably the only reason. If it was any other 34 year old dude with 7 knee surgeries, I don't think I'd have given him being cut a second thought.

As I just added in Sheps thread....forget it's JJ for a moment.....think how pissed people would have been had we just gone out a signed a 34 year old receiver who has had multiple knee surgeries, a bout with a serious staph infection and a back surgery in the past.

Would people have been happy about that???

I am not suprised that they let him go. I do wish they would have let him stay for one more season. JJ was one of my favorite Browns. I know he's old and has had a lot of surgeries but I think he deserved one last playing season before retiring. Good Luck Joe! Take it easy.

I am all for signing hometown heroes as much as the next guy, but here's what we got outta an aging vet...

90 catches in 3 years- $111,111 per catch

6 TDs- $1,666,666 per TD

1109 yards-$9017 per yard receiving

2 staph infections- $5,000,000 per

Call me crazy, but doesn't seem like we got what we were hoping for. It's kinda like going to an Asian massage parlor, paying a cool G, and only getting a massage....just doesn't seem right.

As I just added in Sheps thread....forget it's JJ for a moment.....think how pissed people would have been had we just gone out a signed a 34 year old receiver who has had multiple knee surgeries, a bout with a serious staph infection and a back surgery in the past.

Would people have been happy about that???

Absolutely...................We traded Winslow and let Jones walk. I loved JJ and rooted for him. Stepping outside and looking in, I wouldn't sign him as a FA for $2.6 million or even any guaranteed amount. It's just not good business.

Looks like this staff is looking for guys who can practice all week and strap it up on Sunday and play. We have too many guys every week on the injury report that don't practice all week, then try to play.

We need a younger team with less cronic injuries.

Archived