THE BROWNS BOARD

STAFFORD

hammertime

the only thing i'd do with stafford is use him as trade bait. he's got bust written all over him: low completion %, bad TD to INT ratio, good weapons around him that he didn't properly involve.

if he's there at five and we can dupe some team into trading for him, he'd have contributed more to us than he ever would to them.

Its amazing how a guy touted as the #1 pick is starting to fall out of the top ten.

He must have a great pr firm to garner this much hype.

The reason he's falling is because he's a Junior for 1, which have a horrible track record for success in the NFL.

His TD/INT ratio is bad which directly translates to nfl production.

He had a beast RB and two beast receivers to throw to, and still had a mediocre completion %.

He has the tools to be a good QB but he's at least a 2 or 3 years bench guy before he has that ability.

He's only at #1 if someone values him there, and I don't think a lot of people do. So I won't be surprised if he's there at #5 at all because he's not one of the top four players in the draft.

And then we offer a trade down, or let him slide on by to where he should be picked - somewhere between #10 and #17.

But that's just my opinion.

Its amazing how a guy touted as the #1 pick is starting to fall out of the top ten.

He must have a great pr firm to garner this much hype.

Probably the same firm Brady hired.

dumb idea, what if no one offers a trade then we are stuck with 3 qb's, that are potential starters. a two way qb battle is bad enough at times, i want a three way but not this type of three way!

Sporting News has the Browns picking Stafford at #5 in the magazine issue I just got. Page 49 under the title 'Expect the unexpected when draft day arrives". They say they spotted three first round curveballs, listed as:

1) The Lions should not take a qb at no. 1. Their roster is full of holes, and a young QB could be ruined there (see David Carr in Houston and Tim Couch in Cleveland). A left tackle or pass rusher would be a better choice.

The pick: Everette Brown, DE, Fla St.

2) The Browns will draft a QB at No. 5. New GM George Kokinis and new coach Eric Mangini don't like Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson and have put them both on the trading block.

The pick: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

3) The Chargers need a running back. LT will turn 30 in June and Darren Sproles is too small to be a feature back, so the team will take Chris Wells or Knowshon Moreno at No. 16.

The pick: Beanie Wells

Kind of crazy. I would HATE this pick. Of course, it also would depend on what they got in return for Quinn and Anderson, but I'm guessing the value wouldn't be equal....

Sporting News has the Browns picking Stafford at #5 in the magazine issue I just got. Page 49 under the title 'Expect the unexpected when draft day arrives". They say they spotted three first round curveballs, listed as:

1) The Lions should not take a qb at no. 1. Their roster is full of holes, and a young QB could be ruined there (see David Carr in Houston and Tim Couch in Cleveland). A left tackle or pass rusher would be a better choice.

The pick: Everette Brown, DE, Fla St.

2) The Browns will draft a QB at No. 5. New GM George Kokinis and new coach Eric Mangini don't like Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson and have put them both on the trading block.

The pick: Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

3) The Chargers need a running back. LT will turn 30 in June and Darren Sproles is too small to be a feature back, so the team will take Chris Wells or Knowshon Moreno at No. 16.

The pick: Beanie Wells

Kind of crazy. I would HATE this pick. Of course, it also would depend on what they got in return for Quinn and Anderson, but I'm guessing the value wouldn't be equal....

On the surface it seems like a bad idea- but the draft picks for quinn and Da- talk about rebuilding, they might have to lower ticket prices for a year- down to the price of a college game anyway.

Archived