THE BROWNS BOARD

What the others are talking about.

Erie Dawg

I have been checking out other teams forums a little in the past few days and the reviews of the top 5 teams are almost identical. Everyone sounds about the same as far as who they are going to take in the first round, trading out of the first to get more picks etc. I was amazed by the lions forum in that they went 0-16 and there is more talk about the new uniform changes then the draft, but whatever.

I have read a couple of the NFC east forums and I believe it was the eagles and giants both talking about dropping out of the first round for more picks, which I thought was kind of amazing in the eagles already have an ass load of picks.

2 first, a second, a third, a fourth, 3 fifth rd, 2 sixth, and a seventh. 11 picks total

I would love to have that kind of draft and they are going to do some real damage in the draft and if all goes well they are setting them selves up nicely in the up coming years. I also see a lot talk about Rashad Jennings being this little known wonder from liberty and that he will be available to them in the second or early third. He doesnt sound to low key to me if everyone is scoping him up in the late second early third.

And most agree that Andre Smith stock has fell and would pass on him.

I agree the combine is like a job interview if you want to come in like a slob and unprepared and then walk out early what do you expect to happen?

If you had to interview someone and they came in with a wife beater, stained up sweatpants with no underwear underneath and walked out early, I think we can all agree they would be getting checked off the list.

Which I feel will be an ongoing thing throughout his career. If he cant stay in shape for the combine and quits early what makes you think he will stay in shape after the season and not quit on his team.

All in all I think this will be an interesting draft for us this year because we really have no idea other then speculation which way ManKo is looking to go in the first round. And unlike in years pass we have been very silent in FA.

Most fans think alike when it comes to the draft...we all want to trade down for more picks but i cant see the eagles draft team doing that they are going to come out of this draft smokin!

Andre smith is a sad case that kid could have went in the top 10 now he is a weight risk no matter were he gets taken however if he falls late second or beyond and dedicates himself he could be the ultimate draft steal or the ultimate bust...

Jennings is a gem in the rough and may go sooner then many think...

Mankok really has no choice but to approach FA cautiously and is restructuring contracts and releasing players to open cap space as well this regime is playing it pretty much by the textbook and shows they can restrain themselves and act in the clubs best interest...;)

Archived