THE BROWNS BOARD

FA Veteran CBs

We need Tom Tupa

Any interest?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/13/...-release-rolle/

The Baltimore Ravens soon will be parting ways with veteran cornerback Samari Rolle, according to jocklife.com.

Rolle reportedly asked to be cut after the team signed cornerback Dominique Foxworth in free agency, giving him a four-year, $27.2 million contract with $16.5 million guaranteed.

He is under contract through 2010, at salaries of $4.1 million this year and $4.5 million in the final year of the deal.

The Ravens also cut cornerback Chris McAlister prior to the start of free agency. McAlister remains unsigned.

This team is turning into the Pittsburgh Pirates

The Browns have a way to go before they get to that point. I still think about what would have happened with the Pirates had Mark Cuban been able to purchase the team like he wanted.....

As far as Rolle and C-Mac are concerned you don't want either. They're injury riddled and will cost more money than their worth.

Sounds as if the Raven are going to be drafting a corner in at least round 1 this year!

Maybe this is the team the Browns should be talking to about a trade down. The Ravens could then grab A. Davis or Jenkins with Pick #5. Both are much better than Moore or Smith who wil be available when the Ravens draft late in the first round.

I know teams don't often make trades with teams within their division

Guest Aloysius

The Ravens just signed Domonique Foxworth to a big deal and are said to be pleased with how Fabian Washington played last year. They could go CB in Round 1, but they could just as easily go WR, LB, or OL.

The Ravens just signed Domonique Foxworth to a big deal and are said to be pleased with how Fabian Washington played last year. They could go CB in Round 1, but they could just as easily go WR, LB, or OL.

I've seen some boards say they'll go WR but I don't think so. Mason's numbers actually increased as they year went along.

He's a free agent the following year but teams are usually not going to draft based on a player being a free agent the year after next.

I could see them going LB. But CB still makes the most sense. Especially with the amount the nickle is used in todays' game.

This team is turning into the Pittsburgh Pirates

I know this may be hard to understand but this organization is moving away from signing over-the-hill, overpaid, underachieving free agents.

It isn't about money, because Lerner has shown he is willing to spend. It's about doing it the right way, finally. You build a team through the draft. You find role players and backups in FA.

When you start trading your picks and signing big buck FAs you end up like we did last year. No draft picks and a bunch of overpaid bums.

Pittsburgh Pirates?????????................do you even have a clue.

Rolle is definately too old and skills are NOT deteriorating.. the have deterioratED .. Not worth signing for anything but a 1 year deal. Mcallister has been WAY too injury prone to be counted on...2 years at best for him..I think his best is behind him. I think that when DA gets traded... we see a safety drafted before round 4

Archived