THE BROWNS BOARD

Wait a tic! Are both Quinn and DA on the trade block?

TK39

I have heard (on ESPN I believe) that the Browns management (GM) could be posibility shipping out Quinn or DA and looking for a new QB to lead the team. Is there any truth to this rumor.

If that's the case, my Rams will gladly give up their 2nd round this year for Quinn.

:blink:

I have heard (on ESPN I believe) that the Browns management (GM) could be posibility shipping out Quinn or DA and looking for a new QB to lead the team. Is there any truth to this rumor.

If that's the case, my Rams will gladly give up their 2nd round this year for Quinn.

I'd rather take your 2nd in return for Drive Assassin.

Quinn is the better fit of the 2 for a ball control/ check down offense.

We're keeping Quinn or drafting a new qb. DA is done here.

If the new browns mgt is smart which so far their moves indicate.they are shopping both................as DA never won anywhere and had one great year followed el busto...........and Quinn lost every big game he ever played in...............

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........tell me why that either should not be shopped.............

Honestly i wouldnt rule anything out just yet..though i agree bq fits a certain system that mangini may run better..however i wouldnt rule out mangini getting hooked on DA's intoxicating arm strenth and scheming around him either and its obvious mankok is going to build this team from scratch so i wouldnt be suprized if they traded both bq and da either..

You guys have heard me say this before to no avail for the past couple seasons but if mangini is serious about using an offense that attacks opposing teams weaknesses in full then it would make sense to me to be innovative and have a dual qb system this year utilizing both their skills against opponents that are weaker against one or the others abilities while determining who ultimately will be the starter in 2010 if either..

Interesting.....

I'm fine with trading DA but trading Quinn im not sure about. The browns have so many other holes to fill there is no need to take a risk on trading Quinn. I think in the draft we'll be able to pick up players that will be able to take some pressure off of BQ or DA. Maybe drafting a RB(McCoy) and a OT that would help protect him. I think its too early to tell how BQ will end up.

If I were the Browns I would definately NOT trade Brady Quinn.

I just noticed in a mock draft (NFL.com) that the Browns are taking a QB in round 1. Why in the world would the Browns do that?

If we trade Quinn and take anything less then a first rounder I will be pissed. I have no problem with trading them both but I have a problem with giving them away. Either of them for that fact.

If the new regime don't like either of them then fine trade them but don't give them away

Smoooooooooooke screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.

Quinn would be the top ranked QB in the draft hands down. For the Browns, add he's under contract and has had two years in the NFL to get up to speed, and he's not going anywhere.

But hey, let's hope these talking heads keep chatting it up.

Quinn would be the top ranked QB in the draft hands down.

Haha, no he wouldn't.

Quinn-love is a function of homosexuality, homerism, and Notre Dame's TV contract with NBC.

2 of his last 3 passes were picked off before he got benched. And Charlie Frye throws a better deep ball. No NFL exec would rate BQ anywhere near the top of this draft. And nobody will offer high picks in trade either.

Haha, no he wouldn't.

Quinn-love is a function of homosexuality, homerism, and Notre Dame's TV contract with NBC.

2 of his last 3 passes were picked off before he got benched. And Charlie Frye throws a better deep ball. No NFL exec would rate BQ anywhere near the top of this draft. And nobody will offer high picks in trade either.

I see your smokin crack again.

Haha, no he wouldn't.

Maybe you're right. Sanchez has all of those years at a big time school, listens to advice from the head coach, was a Heisman finalist, set a ton of records, and resurrected a program which was years in the tank before he arrived. With 4 years of starting under his belt, he has the experience thought to be more important for QB's than any other position in order to achieve NFL success.

Oh wait, that's Quinn's story.

..........and Quinn lost every big game he ever played in...............

Hey, resident Retard, how about going back and researching how many points the Notre Shame defense gave up in those games? Naww, that would make your argument weak, just like every other bullshit rant and post you put on this board. I hear Jim Jones calling you from his grave...

And in college how many big games did Peyton Manning win?

You'll have to forgive our friend Rich4Men... his analytical skills only go as far as looking at the standings and claiming all the administration, coaches, and players of the winning teams are amazing, and all the administration, coaches, and players on the losing teams are garbage.

The key question is.....Why would we ship a qb (either 1) for a new qb to lead this team. There isn't 1 out there in the draft that shows he is better then either of them. BQ still has upside, we have seen what DA' s upside is "there isn't one"...

Sure they are. EVERYONE is available, as far as ManKok is concerned, FOR THE RIGHT PRICE.

Which is as it should be.

If some team rings up and says "hey, we'll give you our 1st and 2nd next year for Quinn", you don't think ManKok would take that, or at least ponder it?

Of course they would. And they should.

But being AVAILABLE, doesn't mean they WILL get traded. It's ManKok's way of sending the message "we're looking for picks, we're going to be players on draft day, come talk to us."

It's just signaling that we are in all out "sell" mode so if you call be ready to give up some picks.

I like it. I want another second rounder this year, one way or another. I would like to see us bring in 4 Day One talents in this talent-rich draft and let's just watch things come together on the field.

I'd much rather watch a young, talented team get pounded than the old, over-the-hill teams we've been watching get pounded.

The last thing anyone should do is get mad over what they "hear" at this time of the year . Most of it is misinformation , or subterfuge , designed to confuse off season moves. Year in and year out it happens but people fall for it . Fans I mean . I doubt personnel people in the NFL even pay attention to half of it .

Haha, no he wouldn't.

you really are an idiot arent you

The Browns may want to trade Anderson, but who has been knocking on that door? There are many QBs out there and I don't see the Browns getting much for him. Quinn has more upside and potential than Anderson. Personally, I don't think the browns should worry about QB but should build on the offensive and defensive lines. That is where a team is built.

The Browns may want to trade Anderson, but who has been knocking on that door? There are many QBs out there and I don't see the Browns getting much for him. Quinn has more upside and potential than Anderson. Personally, I don't think the browns should worry about QB but should build on the offensive and defensive lines. That is where a team is built.

I agree.

The thing that amazes me about the Steelers O-line is where they were drafted. None of them were high draft picks. It really emphasizes the need to be productive throughout the entire draft. We as fans like to concentrate on Rounds 1 and 2, But the key to success is getting those good players in rounds 3, 4 and 5 as well.

The difference between a good franchise and us, I mean a bad one, is the ability to develop later round picks.

Honestly if we were winning the last few season would we be bitching about developmental guys like Hubbard because they can't contribute right now or would we be glad to have an athlete like that given the time he needs to learn the game? Remember the kid has less than 2 college seasons under his belt and was drafted raw knowing he'd need a lot of work.

Really though, how many of our late rounder might have turned out as solid guys with time on the pine to get up to speed and polish tecniques if we already had more than just a handful of quality starters?

Part of it is the drafting, part is the coaching, part is having time to teach these kids.

That's why a franchise like the Steelers can produce those late round steals we never seem to find.

Archived