THE BROWNS BOARD

I still don't understand.

TheClevelandSound

Alright so what Ive seen on this board and what I have heard from my peers is that we need to trade BQ. I find that completely unnessesary.

Why trade him? He has started just THREE games for the Browns. He has a 1-2 record. Cleveland has given one of the most upcoming quarterbacks in the NFL 3 games to prove himself? Thats idiocracy.

one may say "well he played poorly in the two games we lost and the bills game we only won because of Phil Dawson".

Brady Quinn would be 3-0 right now if it werent for the philosiphies of Chud. When DA played in 2007 and 2008, the offensive schemes were primarily slant, post, and deep passes, which allowed to spread out the opponents defenses and rack up more yards for DA stats. Also in 2007 we had virtually no injuries, which allowed for DA to look better because we had our offensive weapons out there playing at their highest potential.

Quinn started in 2008, when half our recieving core was injured and BE was dropping evey pass. Chud put BQ in a west coast offense, god knows why, and that minimized BQs full potential. Brady Quinn is 1-2 because of his surrounding and his play calling.

As i see it, we are rebuilding a team right now and we need a quarterback to have that built around. BQ is that quarterback. If each new or old player knows the patterns of BQ and his style, everything should click in the future. The problem is the average cleveland fan has no patience and wants everything NOW!!!

Wait a year or two and keep Quinn. Then sue me if things dont change.

people, people, people just relax.

No news is making people delirious. Let things shake out as they will. If Quinn were to leave it would be for a 1st rounder.

The Stallworth news is sketchy at best right now, the fact that a fatality happened will be the worst part of that story.

I kinda feel like this is our 1st year back since they left, lets see a fresh roster with depth.

Do not hope for Crabtree, hope for a stud running back not named willie green.

hope for a stud running back not named willie green.

Except as far as drafts go, there really isn't a stud RB.....some nice ones, but none like when Saunders or Emmett came out and you knew they were going to be top shelf barring injury.

Except as far as drafts go, there really isn't a stud RB.....some nice ones, but none like when Saunders or Emmett came out and you knew they were going to be top shelf barring injury.

There are a couple of stud RBs in this draft named Wells and Morino, but when you just gave a RB a $4 million roster bonus then they aren't looking for a stud RB.

'peen, IIRC twenty teams passed on Emmitt before the Cowboys wisely picked him up. Sanders was a top 3 pick...

But I agree with you (although rich will disagree) that there are probably no Barrys in this class.

I dont think most on this board want to see BQ gone without first seeing if he has the "IT" factor some think he does some think he dont some dont care either way and a few only care about DA..you must have been reading in a bq haters thread started by lums..hehehehehe

We all know both bq and da got screwed in different ways by fatz and his lazy staff and i for one look forward to an honest evaluation of both qbs i dont believe either will be traded this year unless the loser wants out by a trade deal...

I have seen enough of quinn in college and in his 3 nfl games to say HE is the guy we wan to go with.

in his first game with 1/2 a week to prepare for buffalo we put up 29 points and scored on 7 or 12 posessions, In his second game vs denver we put up 30 points and scored on 6 of 10 possessions.. The Houston game was bad.. I admit bad bad bad... .. but I saw enough.. Quinn with little time with the starters in practice, a wounded, sucky receiving corps last year, ..I saw a guy who was poised, made quick decisions, has nice touch on the ball, moves well in and out of the pocket, and got the ball out of his hand quickly.. He is very smart and has the work ethic... DA has greater value to "the team" going bye bye for draft picks.. Keep quinn we can win with him.. and I believe his upside is much higher than DA's.. To me it's a no brainer.

I think DA can be a good qb..but needs to be coached up much more.. he does not have great touch, takes dumb risks, does not move well in the pocket, and does not get the ball out of his hand fast enough. arm strengh is a non factor to winning games and both have more than enough arm strength..

Scoring, ball security, moving the chains.. and winning... I think Quinn has more to offer in that regard than DA right now. I really don't see getting rid of DA as a quinn vs da thing though as I have said in other posts.. he has greater value to the team being traded for draft picks.. same thing as winslow.. he was one of our best players..but to the team he had greater value going bye bye.. so DA.. Bye bye.. You get 5 mil tomorrow.. Welcome to Tampa.. ( or somewhere else, but not here..)

Archived