THE BROWNS BOARD

Jacksonville releases WR Matt Jones

Oldcrow1945

LOL you said the only thing they had in common was being white. That was incorrect, they both are 6'5" and possesion receivers. They may stop being similar after that but that does not mean I was wrong. It means you were.

We need a stop gap for next year and Matt Jones could be the guy to fill that role. If we throw BQ into the starting role only having 1 receiver to throw to we are guarenteing his failure. We need to do something.

With Jones we are talking about a parole violation for drinking beer not doing coke again. A freash start maybe what he needs, everybody deserves a second chance. He could end up being a pleasent suprise and if not, the guy we draft this year has one year of experince and can step into the 2nd receiver role in 2010.

We might have to wait until he gets out of jail and then serves his suspension the league will give him. After that, he should be just fine. He was already in the league substance abuse program so the this time is an automatic 4 game suspension.

I really don't see a whole lot of teams lining up to give this guy a contract.

LOL you said the only thing they had in common was being white. That was incorrect, they both are 6'5" and possesion receivers. They may stop being similar after that but that does not mean I was wrong. It means you were.

If Jones were a "possession" receiver you'd be correct. But he isn't so you're not.

Let's move on please.

Archived