THE BROWNS BOARD

R&R Hall Of Fame Members

Well, Louis Armstrong is in the R&R HOF.

Well there are rock critics who believe rock and roll definitely came from the black community and what I would call the blues. and it probably did. personally I think the genre has changed and evolved so much that there is as much influence from Beethoven.

I don't think Bill Withers has the gravitas to be included but I think they were looking for a token.

WSS

Well there are rock critics who believe rock and roll definitely came from the black community and what I would call the blues. and it probably did. personally I think the genre has changed and evolved so much that there is as much influence from Beethoven.

I don't think Bill Withers has the gravitas to be included but I think they were looking for a token.

WSS

Fair statement. If ABBA gets in, why not Barbara Streisand, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion etc.

And look at this list:

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/The_Snub_List.php

I dont understand the Joan Jett nomination. I think someone like Pat Benetar or Chryssie Hynde are more deserving.. they actually made an impact on style and culture.. Joan Jett was a one hit wonder.

I dont understand the Joan Jett nomination. I think someone like Pat Benetar or Chryssie Hynde are more deserving.. they actually made an impact on style and culture.. Joan Jett was a one hit wonder.

Chrissie Hynde is in....as her career has primarily been with The Pretenders.

But I think you are right on about Pat Benataar.....more hits, more panache. But, again, I think they.....whoever they are, must have thought that she was to "pop" for the HOF. Though I don't see her as any more or less pop than Joan Jett......though I think Benatar did try to be more feminine.

As I have said here or elsewhere.....Joan Jett didn't do anything that Suzi Quatro didn't do before her.

Archived