THE BROWNS BOARD

Austin Carr drinking game

admin

Austin Carr drinking game

from the Lake County News Herald

Austin Carr's dramatic comments have become so outrageous that someone has actually made a game of it.

My husband found it on the Internet and over the weekend, he and his friends got together to play it.

According to the game, the setting must be flexible. "Anywhere from your couch to the local watering hold." No matter what, you must be able to hear A.C.'s crazy calls.

One sip is required for his regular sayings such as "Throws the hammer down," "L-Train," "Deep at the Q" (or other arena).

The rare sayings that require more than one sip are: "Mini deep at the Q," "Don't bring that weak stuff in here said the rookie," and "LeBron James with the 'Akron Two-Step,' one this way, two this way, spins to the hoop for two."

This is getting out of control.

A.C.'s calls are clouding the game. He is too focused on pairing his sayings with every single play. Like the moves LeBron James makes aren't enough. A.C. has to add in, "LeBron flies like an eagle to stop the shot," (five sips if you are counting).

Enough already.

Now where was I, back to the game ...

"What in the world is going on?" (four sips). - Theresa Neuhoff Audia

I know AC's a great guy, but he's absolutely putrid at commentating.

He never has any insight beyond what some second rate, illiterate fan would say. I don't think he 'focuses' on using his sayings, they just come out because he's not smart enough to actually analyze the play that just occured.

I have been getting more and more annoyed by Carr for at least a year now. Never really hated Carr as a broadcaster before and I don't know why it's only be relatively recently, but it's taking away from the game.

From everything I know he's a one of a kind guy, but I'd take Scott Williams back in a heartbeat trading in a few fun sayings like "deep in the Q" 76 times a game for some actual insight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I know AC's a great guy, but he's absolutely putrid at commentating.

He never has any insight beyond what some second rate, illiterate fan would say. I don't think he 'focuses' on using his sayings, they just come out because he's not smart enough to actually analyze the play that just occured.

100% agreed. The guy talks like he's got a mouth full of cotton and never adds anything intelligent to the broadcast. i watched ESPN last night only because of the announcers. When the Cavs are on, i have a hard time watching because of AC and usually just channel surf and occasionally check the score. Luckily, i get a chance to go to many of the home games and don't have to listen to him. He's an embarrassment, and i'm surprised Gilbert hasn't caught on to that.

Archived