THE BROWNS BOARD

Trading up to #2 for QB Risky

The Gipper

RG3 was a one-season overhyped combine champion who got overrated, very quickly.

Mariota would've been a 1st round pick if he would've declared last year. He has been one of the highest rated QBs for the past 3 seasons, has a career 105-14 TD to INT ratio... Consolation...?

Yeah so why is he rated below crablegs in nearly every outlet?

WSS

RG3 was a one-season overhyped combine champion who got overrated, very quickly.

Mariota would've been a 1st round pick if he would've declared last year. He has been one of the highest rated QBs for the past 3 seasons, and has a career 105-14 TD to INT ratio... Consolation...?

I agree.....Mariota has been on the horizon for a while now....and RGIII exploded outta nowhere after the combine....(kinda like Clowney and Russell did in preceding years).....

Yeah so why is he rated below crablegs in nearly every outlet?

WSS

Id say crablegs has been on the horizon the whole time too......not a recent climb at all....so, why not rate him tops?

Like Johnny, he won the Heisman as a Freshman(cept he won the championship too) and he's been a top prospect ever since....

so, they both seem to have the college pedigree you'd hope for... and they're not hyped just because of a single season or some combine numbers....

I agree.....Mariota has been on the horizon for a while now....and RGIII exploded outta nowhere after the combine....(kinda like Clowney and Russell did in preceding years).....

RG3 won the Heisman and was a consensus top-3 pick throughout most of his final season at Baylor. Definitely did not "explode outta nowhere".

Clowney was being talked about as a first overall pick a full season before he even declared for the draft. I think you're misremembering some things.

RG3 won the Heisman and was a consensus top-3 pick throughout most of his final season at Baylor. Definitely did not "explode outta nowhere".

Clowney was being talked about as a first overall pick a full season before he even declared for the draft. I think you're misremembering some things.

ok...fair enough. My memory could be clouded on that....and Ill agree they were in the discussion as top prospects well before the combine....but lets agree that they went to new heights once they ran a 40 and did some drills at the combine.....

Clowney went from a good 1st round prospect to "the best prospect everrrrrrrr"(according to some)......and RGIII did kind of the same thing......going from possible first rounder to "trade our whole draft to get him" type of guy......

While interesting, I don't see why past QB's taken at #2 have any influence on future QB's taken at #2.

Its just historical perspective. Certainly it has no effect on the specific player....but historically/statistically it IS apparent that #2 has a much lower success average than #1

Andrew Luck 2.0. This is getting absurd.

Not that I agree with the comparison, but it's not the first time I have seen it. Physically they are very similar. Head and "fire" are where my questions lie.

If by arms, you mean strength, then I disagree... very similar... but Luck has the edge in accuracy.

Pro style reduced uncertainty to be sure, thus my "head" comment.

Archived