THE BROWNS BOARD

Why have we not picked up a ton of Ravens?

mikebrancato

And even still what makes you think the players that are important pieces to their success puzzle are available? You BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT BOYS AND GIRLS, you BUILD THROUGH THE draft. You'd think everyone would get this by now seeing as you have a team that wears black and gold in your division that gets it done year after year for a reason.

You'd think everyone would get this by now seeing as you have a team that wears black and gold in your division that gets it done year after year for a reason.

The black and piss get it done by a little help from there friends.

syringe.jpg

I've been abhorred the way all of our past GMs shuffled away picks like they were nothing and continually brought in overpriced FAs.

We've got such a high rate of failed picks here it's disturbing. I'll agree 100% you build through the draft, and when you've got enough quality starters you can take the time to develop the later round picks.

We need that luxary if we're going to be something in the AFC North.

How many times have a lot of us hoped for a major trade down for more picks? Especially when your team has

so many needs?

Browns need a few more picks in the top three rounds to really shore up some weaknesses.

Signing FA's has hurt the Browns, as well as reaches and poor picks in the draft.

Mangini wants to kick butt, and he knows the importance of the guys on the lines.

for the Browns, that is a "new" philosophy.

I've been abhorred the way all of our past GMs shuffled away picks like they were nothing and continually brought in overpriced FAs.

We've got such a high rate of failed picks here it's disturbing. I'll agree 100% you build through the draft, and when you've got enough quality starters you can take the time to develop the later round picks.

We need that luxary if we're going to be something in the AFC North.

I agree TB. There is a time and place to sign FA players, but in years past that seemed to be the primary way of building.

The best you are going to do is build a so-so team. Teams don't let good players go.

If you really want to build, you build on a solid foundation in the draft, and supplement it with a few FA....usually mid level guys who will help shore up a area or two until you are able to address the weakness in the draft.

And even still what makes you think the players that are important pieces to their success puzzle are available? You BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT BOYS AND GIRLS, you BUILD THROUGH THE draft. You'd think everyone would get this by now seeing as you have a team that wears black and gold in your division that gets it done year after year for a reason.

You are absolutely right. But, everytime a guy like Holt or Williams gets released people here cream their pants wanting to get them. There's great value picks from 20 to 60 in this draft and we need more picks. If it means getting rid of some of our overpaid underachievers, then so be it.

Archived