THE BROWNS BOARD

How To Distinguish Americans

MLD Woody

Me? While it's amusing and they're mostly right - americans are quite easy to spot from any number of things like size, dress sense etc., I've just come back from a holiday in Greece and unfortunately the same things apply to brits there - usually burnt red (mad dogs and englishmen) and overweight, with bad fashion sense. It's frankly embarrassing how arrogant people in my country can be about these things, like not even attempting to learn a few phrases of greek/spanish/french/whatever when they go abroad because 'everyone will speak english'

So yeah, Americans are easy to spot, but they're not the only ones. Brits are a very close second, possibly because of a shared culture? It's also easy to spot spaniards, frenchies, and scandinavians to a degree.

Well that's probably true. Anybody on holiday or vacation is liable to be a little bit noisier than if you meet them during the week at home. (and that's going to be the folks these Europeans will come in contact with, tourists.) I see lots of people at places I play drunk and loud who are probably completely normal at work. but I expect many of us, including myself, carry a few extra pounds! ;)

WSS

Well that's probably true. Anybody on holiday or vacation is liable to be a little bit noisier than if you meet them during the week at home. (and that's going to be the folks these Europeans will come in contact with, tourists.) I see lots of people at places I play drunk and loud who are probably completely normal at work. but I expect many of us, including myself, carry a few extra pounds! ;)

WSS

Not especially, I live in London - plenty of everybody around here. Also plenty of tourists, mind you.

Archived