THE BROWNS BOARD

Principal Fired for Expressing Opinion

OldBrownsFan

'He did nothing wrong': Florida principal ousted after defending Texas cop

A Florida high school principal, who defended the Texas police officer at the center of that infamous pool melee, has become the latest victim of radical speech police hell-bent on trying to silence public discourse.

Alberto Iber lost his job as the principal at North Miami Senior High School after he wrote a comment about the McKinney, Texas incident on the Miami Herald’s website.

"He did nothing wrong,” Iber wrote. “He was afraid for his life. I commend him for his actions.”

Three sentences. Sixteen words. Sixty-two characters.

Miami-Dade County Public Schools released a statement on June 10 announcing that Mr. Iber had been removed from his position at the high school and reassigned to an administrative position.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/11/did-nothing-wrong-florida-principal-fired-after-defending-texas-cop.html

Political Correctness is out of control.

it really is insane. one of my Facebook friends posted if there were any other way to look at that situation saying he was seriously interested in finding out about it. without comment I put up a link from a CNN peace with a black man, a radio host, who lives in the community who was talking about the homeowners associations rules that residents could invite two people to the pool party. someone put it up on social media and hordes of kids showed up banging on the doors screaming and climbing the fence to get in and assaulting other guests that's when the police were called. the guy that asked for other opinions then went ballistic on me. people are nuts.

WSS

It is upsetting to me the principal got fired simply for expressing his opinion he felt the officer did nothing wrong. You are seeing this more and more in society today with all the champions of "tolerance" showing themselves to be the most intolerant of all. I remember a case not too long back where the CEO of Mozilla Firefox was forced to resign because of his beliefs that marriage was between one man and one woman. Another case was a reality show with two brothers that fixed up houses for poor people that got canceled when the gay tolerant crowd found out they were Christians who actually had spoke out in support of traditional marriage. The network got flooded with complaints from gays and out went the show. Every now and then the gay strong arm tactics gets some push back when they cross a line such as when they were upset with Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty's remarks on gays and demanded Cracker Barrel pull all their Duck Dynasty merchandise (which the spineless wimpy people at Cracker Barrel complied with) . Then when the thousands of complaints came in from Christians they were going to boycott Cracker Barrel they suddenly found some backbone and put the Duck Dynasty merchandise back on the shelves.

How can you boycott the Cracker Barrel? Their food is too good.

Those companies have a right to do what is best for their business. If an employee is expressing an intolerant, minority opinion, and it has the potential to hurt sales, they have every right to remove them. A few decades ago, if an employee was speaking out against interracial marriage, the same logic would apply.

Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel are the preferred spots for people to eat after church.

I don't think Cracker Barrel stopped to think about their customer base but had a knee jerk reaction when they started getting strong armed tactics from the gay community about their threatening a boycott if Cracker Barrel did not comply. In the end they saw they would rather not get boycotted by their customer base.

I don't think Cracker Barrel stopped to think about their customer base but had a knee jerk reaction when they started getting strong armed tactics from the gay community about their threatening a boycott if Cracker Barrel did not comply. In the end they saw they would rather not get boycotted by their customer base.

Well yeah they will go with whatever their legal team says to do as soon as something like that happens. They did the smart thing, removed the merch, took all the heat off of themselves from potential social justice types, then resumed selling Duck Dynasty products when the vast majority of their customers complained. Lots of stores are back to selling fake hillbilly merch after the controversy was over.

The cops fuckup, imo, was his overly aggressive attitude toward the girls. Simply asking kids to sit down till the situation is figured out is nothing to write about. It was going after the girls "AS" they were already clearing out and cussing at them. He fuckstarted that situation with the girls and of course as he hauled one of em down by the hair her boys came running over.

I believe he was heavy handed with the girl but nobody was hurt over this incident and nobody needed to be fired over it. I believe he had the right to pull his weapon when he saw the possible threat behind him....he immediately saw the weapon was not necessary and holstered it....it seems like the message should be getting out if the police tell you to sit then you sit, to put your hands in the air then you put your hands in the air...that people should follow the commands of the police and if there are any issues they can see a lawyer or make a complaint about it later.

I have some concerns too that in some of these video cases the whole story is not being told such as conduct that happened before the video that prompted the actions.

I agree that perhaps the firing was excessive, but the deliberate fuckstarting of the situation because he was hot and irritated def warranted a suspension without pay and a serious mark on his record. That kind of fuckstarting leads to people getting shot. If that was my sister for example I would have tackled that cop, it's just instinct. And of course his buddies may very well have shot me...see how these things can go from no big deal to fuck all quick? Cops jobs are tough, they have to be cool customers end of discussion. If they're not, they're in the wrong profession.

I agree that perhaps the firing was excessive, but the deliberate fuckstarting of the situation because he was hot and irritated def warranted a suspension without pay and a serious mark on his record. That kind of fuckstarting leads to people getting shot. If that was my sister for example I would have tackled that cop, it's just instinct. And of course his buddies may very well have shot me...see how these things can go from no big deal to fuck all quick? Cops jobs are tough, they have to be cool customers end of discussion. If they're not, they're in the wrong profession.

I would agree with the discipline of suspension without pay and mark on his record but hated to see a 10 year veteran lose his job over this.

I would agree with the discipline of suspension without pay and mark on his record but hated to see a 10 year veteran lose his job over this.

I wouldn't even go that far except for the reason that they have to suck up to a mob and the press. Captain could have told the guy to be careful next time don't get quite so rough.

If a horde of pillbillies were climbing over the fences and assaulting people and the cops did this to one of them nobody would give a fuck.

WSS

'He did nothing wrong': Florida principal ousted after defending Texas cop

A Florida high school principal, who defended the Texas police officer at the center of that infamous pool melee, has become the latest victim of radical speech police hell-bent on trying to silence public discourse.

Alberto Iber lost his job as the principal at North Miami Senior High School after he wrote a comment about the McKinney, Texas incident on the Miami Herald’s website.

"He did nothing wrong,” Iber wrote. “He was afraid for his life. I commend him for his actions.”

Three sentences. Sixteen words. Sixty-two characters.

Miami-Dade County Public Schools released a statement on June 10 announcing that Mr. Iber had been removed from his position at the high school and reassigned to an administrative position.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/11/did-nothing-wrong-florida-principal-fired-after-defending-texas-cop.html

Political Correctness is out of control.

OK , then let's do the same to ALL Public School Administers who voice what can be construed as public discourse.

I wouldn't even go that far except for the reason that they have to suck up to a mob and the press. Captain could have told the guy to be careful next time don't get quite so rough.

If a horde of pillbillies were climbing over the fences and assaulting people and the cops did this to one of them nobody would give a fuck.

WSS

I think anyone with any sense to them can agree what he did warranted a suspension. He grabbed a girl for no clear visual reason, she had already separated herself. Perhaps there was a smart ass comment she made from 20 yds away that he heard, I dunno....but she and the group were clearly complying with his order to vacate that area. You can't slam anyone just cause they made a smart comment, PERIOD....you understand that right Steve? Compliance with an order is fine to expect, but if cops were able to slam every person that made a smart comment to them they would literally not get any police work done.

And for gods sake a 15 year old girl in a bikini. Let her fucking walk away and be done with it.

that is exactly why the officer was justified in pulling his gun.

WSS

I think the officer was justified in pulling his gun but thought he was too rough with the young black girl. One of the things a cop always has to be careful about is not knowing if someone has a weapon and many times what seems as harsh to the public is necessary for the officer's safety in dealing with people who you don't know if they have a weapon or not. It was obvious the young black girl did not have a weapon and the officer over reacted. I wasn't real impressed with the officer's police chief either who I thought threw him under the bus. Some discipline was appropriate for unnecessary force but I didn't feel a 10 year police veteran should have been forced out.

that is exactly why the officer was justified in pulling his gun.

WSS

Yeah that I don't disagree with but it was a natural reaction on their part to an act that was clearly bullshit. I'd bet that alot of you guys would have gone after a cop if they hauled down your elderly mother like that or something.

Unfortunately that cop was the victim of today's environment, The PD made the social calculation that diffusing the situation by firing him was better than potentially having riots. Fair or not. Police in this country need to do some soul searching and come to grips with the fact that the old ways that got handed down to them don't work anymore. Giving people amusement park rides in the back of a van just as one example, that can't fly anymore. They need to be as strict as possible now with their behavior so that their chief can go infront of the community with confidence when a shooting or violent encounter does happen. Right now if you're a police chief in this country and something happens, you have to wait days before you definitely come out for your officer, cause some of these officers are doing too much and making the whole PD look bad.

Unfortunately that cop was the victim of today's environment, The PD made the social calculation that diffusing the situation by firing him was better than potentially having riots. Fair or not. Police in this country need to do some soul searching and come to grips with the fact that the old ways that got handed down to them don't work anymore. Giving people amusement park rides in the back of a van just as one example, that can't fly anymore. They need to be as strict as possible now with their behavior so that their chief can go infront of the community with confidence when a shooting or violent encounter does happen. Right now if you're a police chief in this country and something happens, you have to wait days before you definitely come out for your officer, cause some of these officers are doing too much and making the whole PD look bad.

And don't forget the "social calculation" the Mayor and DA made to diffuse the situation by arresting those 6 cops charging them with murder based on flimsy evidence. Its all about appeasing the thug community.

Archived