THE BROWNS BOARD

More intimidation in college of Christian student and free speech

calfoxwc

It was a criminal justice class about Arson and it's causes. Not really sure how she was tring to work religion into that topic but I can see the Professors argument. I however would let her do what she wants but be very clear to her that if her presentation is Retarded she gets an F I don't care how many times she uses the word Jesus. Should hve been the end of the story there.

It was a criminal justice class about Arson and it's causes. Not really sure how she was tring to work religion into that topic but I can see the Professors argument. I however would let her do what she wants but be very clear to her that if her presentation is Retarded she gets an F I don't care how many times she uses the word Jesus. Should hve been the end of the story there.

I disagree Cleve. I understand the class is secular and there were correct classroom answers as to the causes of arson. If she had those answers correct and added some biblical reasons what harm is done? I think we make mountains out of molehills. Just grade her for the correct classroom answers. If was a professor in that class that is how I would have handled it even if it were a muslim adding some koran verses as long as the student knew the answers that were taught in class. The bonus answers wouldn't really matter.

I disagree Cleve. I understand the class is secular and there were correct classroom answers as to the causes of arson. If she had those answers correct and added some biblical reasons what harm is done? I think we make mountains out of molehills. Just grade her for the correct classroom answers. If was a professor in that class that is how I would have handled it even if it were a muslim adding some koran verses as long as the student knew the answers that were taught in class. The bonus answers wouldn't really matter.

Until we know all the facts, we really can't make a call on it. If she chose to just use Biblical sources on a group project about arson in the context of criminal justice then she is a knucklehead. Now if it was something just sprinkled in (ex: a quote from the Bible) then the professor should have just said "hey, we try not to put religious verses in group projects" and let her make the changes to it.

Like Logic said, we need some context. I agree if she sprinkled some bible stuff in who cares? I'd let it slide too unless she was making the whole project biblically based.

Archived