THE BROWNS BOARD

More garbage

Until someone stands up to these idiots, publicly and strongly and without waving the stupid confederate flag around they're going to keep this crap up. Because now they've seen they can bully people into getting what they want by calling them racist. Next it will be boycotting Hanes because cotton is a racist product. Or they'll boycott milk because it's too white. They're nothing but a playground bully right now and the best thing to do is punch a bully in the mouth.

Milk because it's too white...

...yep, definitely in the same ballpark here.

At the end of the day, I have no problem not glorifying a rebel army that attacked the US in order to keep slaves. But that's just me. And I don't live there, so my vote doesn't count.

At the end of the day, I have no problem not glorifying a rebel army that attacked the US in order to keep slaves. But that's just me. And I don't live there, so my vote doesn't count.

Lincoln set out on a path which killed 620,000 Americans so he could free the slaves? Is that what you are saying?

Or is that just a way to rationalize the butchery that went on?

WSS

Do you know anything about Robert e. Lee at all?

You're such an idiot. You're college educated you say? First of all the Civil War was just not about slavery.

Secondly, Lee was opposed to slavery...got rid of his slaves long before the outbreak of the war. Lee, a West Point graduate who was deeply conflicted about which side to fight for, chose to remain loyal to his home state of Virginia.

There are photos of Lee in various places at West Point, I've seen them. Shall the Academy remove them as well?

Do you know anything about Robert e. Lee at all?

I just know your slippery slope argument was one of the most idiotic ones I've read on here, and that's saying something.

Please enlighten me though on what he did before and after the Civil War (just not during)

Before the civil war he was an army engineer I believe in the mexican American war. After he was the Dean of a college. He never actually owned slaves he freed his deceased father in law's and he never favored succession but felt it was his duty to stay loyal to Virginia despite being offered the leadership of the union army. He's a great American general and probably the main reason we still honor the south.

Letting blacks have their way and scrub history is abominable. That you support it makes me want to punch you in your mealy little mouth. I don't care that they were slaves. They can't change it and honestly they can't go five seconds without bringing it up so why the huge push to scrub history clean of it? You are Retarded to think it stops here.

Lincoln set out on a path which killed 620,000 Americans so he could free the slaves? Is that what you are saying?

Or is that just a way to rationalize the butchery that went on?

WSS

I'm not naïve, I know the civil war wasn't just about slaves. I honestly don't think Lincoln gave a fuck. Slavery was just the clarion call he used to get the North on board. That being said....slavery is absolutely a just cause in going to war. I would "butcher" 10's of millions of people who favored slavery in order to free their slaves. 100's of millions...billions..makes no difference. If you believe that you have some innate divine right to own another human being than your life in my eyes is forfeit and should have never even been. Again, I realize the civil war was about states rights. But to act like going to war over a couple measly slaves wouldn't somehow be justified is profoundly telling. Unless I read you wrong then my bad.

Eh, sure.

Your point is Lee did a lot of good for the country before and after. But he also led armies fighting against our country.

You're probably right though that those against the naming could read up some on the guy. I have no problem with it going to a vote though. It is not as bad as the flag tnough

Eh, sure.

Your point is Lee did a lot of good for the country before and after. But he also led armies fighting against our country.

You're probably right though that those against the naming could read up some on the guy. I have no problem with it going to a vote though. It is not as bad as the flag though

Archived