THE BROWNS BOARD

Scott McKillop

Oldcrow1945

Hopefully Aloy would do us a favor and find some film of Scott for us. Good or bad.

I kind of like this kid, Especially if he'd last unitl the 5th round. He was a tackling machine at Pitt.

This is really a nice draft for ILB's. There are about nine of them that will go through round 5 that could be decent players.

The other later round ILB I like is Jason Phillips out of TCU....And TCU was for real this year. Phillips had 13 TFL's!

Any film on Phillips Aloy?

Guest Aloysius

Don't have anything on McKillop. He's got great instincts, but he's not at all good at shedding blocks. In addition to that, his limitations in coverage were exposed at the Senior Bowl - he's probably a two down guy at the next level.

I love watching him play, but I'm also pretty skeptical about him playing in a 3-4. Pittsburgh did host him for a draft visit, but I think it was more of a courtesy due to him being a Pitt guy.

Phillips may be more of a realistic option. He's a tackling machine and plays with a more physical style than McKillop. Also not great in coverage, but he could carve out a niche in a 3-4 defense.

Here's some footage of Phillips:

Thanks Aloy.....I loved the second play by Phillips against Air Force. Split a double team block to make the tackle. Impressive stuff.

He seems to have a great burst when he decides to go. Seems faster than his 40 time

You could see in the second video where his cover skills are lacking.

I like him a lot.

Guest Aloysius
I loved the second play by Phillips against Air Force. Split a double team block to make the tackle. Impressive stuff.

He seems to have a great burst when he decides to go. Seems faster than his 40 time

You could see in the second video where his cover skills are lacking.

I like him a lot.

Yeah, his straight-line speed is pretty good - some had him timed as low as 4.60 at the combine. When he's just moving north-south, he's a little bit quicker than Laurinaitis. But because he loses a lot of that speed when he has to change directions or move laterally, he's not as fast overall. He'd probably be better off playing in a 3-4. And because TCU plays some 3-3-5, he has experience playing in an odd man front.

He had a poor week of practices at the Shrine Game, which is a little worrisome. But he wouldn't be a bad guy to invest in on Day Two of the draft (if he's available). nfldraftscout has him projected as a late 5th/early 6th round pick, but I think he could go as high as the 3rd Round.

Archived