THE BROWNS BOARD

Another good outing for Fausto

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

So Fausto just threw 5 scoreless today. He has been pretty lights out this spring with the sinker working like it did in 07'. If he stays healthy he might be in for a big season.

So Fausto just threw 5 scoreless today. He has been pretty lights out this spring with the sinker working like it did in 07'. If he stays healthy he might be in for a big season.

I used the DVR and watched this game later last night. The surprising thing about Fausto last night was that he didn't even have his best stuff and still didn't give up a run. He was still throwing a lot more four seam fast balls than he usually does during the season. I think he has a more difficult time controlling that fastball than he does his sinker.

Guest Masters
I used the DVR and watched this game later last night. The surprising thing about Fausto last night was that he didn't even have his best stuff and still didn't give up a run. He was still throwing a lot more four seam fast balls than he usually does during the season. I think he has a more difficult time controlling that fastball than he does his sinker.

I read that he got a little amped up early on and Victor had to settle him down a bit. I believe he has been working on his FB command this spring (like most guys). Last year most of his problems with the sinker were caused by the hip injury.

Carmona has had a good spring. I expect him to have a good year. The American Central will be a dog fight with all five teams competitive

I read that he got a little amped up early on and Victor had to settle him down a bit. I believe he has been working on his FB command this spring (like most guys). Last year most of his problems with the sinker were caused by the hip injury.

That's exactly what happened. In the first inning his fastball was all over the place. It looked like he was really winding back and throwing hard as if he was amped. Victor came out and talked to him and it did seem to settle him down a bit

Guest Masters
That's exactly what happened. In the first inning his fastball was all over the place. It looked like he was really winding back and throwing hard as if he was amped. Victor came out and talked to him and it did seem to settle him down a bit

Sounds a lot like 07'. That is something that is very under rated about Victor. He calls a good game and manages the staff very well. That was missed last season for guys like Fausto and other younger guys.

Archived