THE BROWNS BOARD

The MRI train comes to BrownsTown

Kvoethe

Aug 5 2015, 1:32 PMJoe Thomson

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Terrelle Pryor will have an MRI on his injured hamstring and is doubtful for Friday's Orange & Brown Scrimmage, according to head coach Mike Pettine.

The team hasn't decided if Pryor will make the trip to Columbus, Ohio with the team, reports Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com

Pryor's alma mater, Ohio State, is located in Columbus and his return was being anticipated by many supporters. Though he downplayed the hype, Pryor said he was hoping to be on the field Friday

"I don't look toward Friday,'' Pryor said Monday. "I do want to go to The Shoe obviously and play, but that's practice. I want to be out there for the preseason game, the second, third, fourth and the first game of the season. So that's what I'm really preparing myself for and being out there with my teammates and trying help those get W's. I do want to be out there Friday, but it's not as big as being in the game."

Pryor is fighting for a roster spot with the Browns at a new position and, so far, has performed well.

Report: Browns' Barkevious Mingo to undergo MRI on injured knee

Aug 5 2015, 4:44 PMJoe Thomson

Cleveland Browns outside linebacker Barkevious Mingo is set to undergo an MRI on his injured knee, according to Nate Ulrich of Ohio.com.

Mingo missed Wednesday's practice, but the significance of the knee injury is not yet known.

"He's got something he was getting evaluated today," head coach Mike Pettine said. "We'll know a little bit more soon."

The former sixth overall pick underwent shoulder surgery in the offseason after struggling through 2014 at less than 100 percent. The knee issue appears to be new, as Mingo practiced Tuesday.

In two seasons, Mingo has seven sacks and 84 tackles. While he's performed well against the run and in coverage, Mingo was drafted to be a pass-rusher and will need to improve in that area if he wants to avoid the bust label.

Browns running backs dropping with injuries

Aug 5 2015, 1:36 PMThe Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio (AP) The Browns are running low on running backs.

Six practices into training camp, they've lost five backs, including Terrance West, the team's leading rusher in 2014, and touted rookie Duke Johnson, with injuries. On Wednesday, the Browns were so short-handed in the backfield that they used two defensive players at fullback during practice - not exactly the plan.

As the injuries mount, coach Mike Pettine's weariness grows.

''It is a source of frustration when you have limited (players),'' he said, ''and when it starts to pile up at a position, you have a ripple effect that starts to effect the other guys and their repetitions. And then you have to look at the overall picture of practice and cut down on reps, and there are guy at other positions that need reps.

Better it happens now than during the season, at least imho.

Pryor has it exactly right. He's practicing against some of the best DB's in this league and that's only going to make him better in preseason games imo. These same injuries are going on all over the league but maybe it is our turn to get the minor ones out of the way right now and stay healthy when it counts. Damn that would be a nice change around here. Football Gods yes am talking to you

Yep...and Im thinking a lot of this stuff is just tight/strained muscles and it's best just to keep em out, rather than risk a "real" injury that could carry over into the season.....I think some of them would be playing if it was go time....

Bad news on Mingo though(torn meniscus).....just heard hes gonna need minor surgery and possibly be out 4-8 weeks......

....and Bibbs (unknown) and Desir (hamstring) go down......ergh.... :wacko:

we seem to be ham strung......

conditioning issues?.....or just freaky coincidence???

I do think a lot of it is using an abundance of caution cause there's no reason not to this time of year. Hamstrings are easy to tweak too.

Every season I wonder the same thing....Would it be better to reduce the free weight workouts in favor of increased isometrics, to build flexibility? I'm no expert, but I still wonder.

Mike

more to do with how these guys take care of themselves in the offseason, not about free weight vs other methods. They work out in the offseason but they also party and eat like shit, inflammation creeps in. This doesn't get exposed during their controlled offseason workouts, but come pads in camp when the hitting starts....boom done. Those that make it through camp usually do ok cause their body has readjusted to the ballistic movements.

Yep...and Im thinking a lot of this stuff is just tight/strained muscles and it's best just to keep em out, rather than risk a "real" injury that could carry over into the season.....I think some of them would be playing if it was go time....

Bad news on Mingo though(torn meniscus).....just heard hes gonna need minor surgery and possibly be out 4-8 weeks......

Happy Bday Mud, You Play like a Brown on this Board daily. Always Positive Browns fan daily and class to all on this board daily. Now lets get the avatar mudfly hat on Joel B. he won't mind.

They work out in the offseason but they also party and eat like shit, inflammation creeps in.

Not if they are an Eagle...

Happy Bday Mud, You Play like a Brown on this Board daily. Always Positive Browns fan daily and class to all on this board daily. Now lets get the avatar mudfly hat on Joel B. he won't mind.

Ha!....Thanks Gumby.......Id add the hat, but somethings up with adding new avatars, cause it wont let me add pics from my puter anymore.......which is where all the good hats are ats.....

Archived