THE BROWNS BOARD

Small personal side note

plumcrazy73

They just had the promotion board and it looks like in the next couple months I will be promoted to E-7 / SFC. bout time was about to give up on it.

They just had the promotion board and it looks like in the next couple months I will be promoted to E-7 / SFC. bout time was about to give up on it.

Congrats, now you're getting on your way to having a military career instead of one of the saps that are no better off after their first tour.

Congrats, now you're getting on your way to having a military career instead of one of the saps that are no better off after their first tour.

well I have 3.5 years till i can retire.

well I have 3.5 years till i can retire.

Might as well, if you wait much longer social security won't be there. Or do you even get social security?

Social Security will be there.....or some equitable difference.....it isn't going to just close up.

Congrats on the second lower stripe.

Who knows....you may make Master before you retire in three years....(if you do retire then)

I assume you joined when you were 19 or so....20 puts you right at 40....that is usually a good jumping off point for enlisted.....but...jumping at 50 isn't bad either...just have to weigh the possible career progression with the possible pension.

well lets just say that the tribe will win the penant, the cavs the championship, the browns the super bowl, the bucks the national championship before I make CSM of the Army.

this will probably be my highest rank but I am good with that, SFC is a good career for my MOS, not everyone can be MSG/1SG or SGM/CSM.

Thanks all for the kind words first time I can say that I am proud of a promotion as weird as that my sound, guess cause it was done through a paper telling of me, and not by the good ol boy system, cause I did not know any of the board members who picked the promotee's from the non promotee's.

To me that is a harder promotion then one where you go before people how know you.

Yep I got my second drip pan.

My plan is out at 20, but who knows.

That is what i was looking for and couldn't recall the term.....lol.

It is a different army than when i was in, but if the plan is 20, many times, if you have been a good egg and have the right major pumping the base colonel, it isn't out of the question you make master in the next couple of years....though that may be a means to get you to stick around and re-up.

I agree....like anything, you need some serious pull once you start getting to master...that has to be some young officer you helped out after he was fresh out of West Point and somehow he pulled you along or by luck he is now sitting there as your base Colonel and finally pulls you to CSM once he gets a star .

There is something to be said for coattails.

CONGRATS, PLUM ! THANKS for your SERVICE !

I hope the current "president" doesn't slash your military retirement like Jimmy Carter did.

That's what happened to my cousin, before he retired...

well lets just say that the tribe will win the penant, the cavs the championship, the browns the super bowl, the bucks the national championship before I make CSM of the Army.

this will probably be my highest rank but I am good with that, SFC is a good career for my MOS, not everyone can be MSG/1SG or SGM/CSM.

What is your MOS Plum?

Plum,

Congrats & your making at least a 20 year career was & is a fine choice. It leaves many work options when you do get out.

I will add my thanks for your service.

Mike

Archived