THE BROWNS BOARD

Tampa Bay / Cincy Game

jcam222

This season is big for Cincy I believe. The pieces are there for success, but they're also a fragile bunch that could go into serious reverse if they get off to a slow start. Marvin Lewis has a tough job with their psyche.

We stomped them real good down there last year, but they rebounded and kicked our butts a few weeks later. They could win the North, or go 5-11 and be basement dwellers.

Out of curiosity - I'm sure we don't have any Bengal fans here, as they only seem to crawl out around game time, for some reason - does anyone know the salary cap situation of the Bengals? AJ Green is next up with a big contract, right, and they're already giving big money to Dalton, and Atkins. I'm sure if they're all that, some other players I don't know about will be on big money, or leave for big money.

Just curious.

Dalton and Jay Cutler are the exact same dude. The guy will go out there and dominate one week, and then the following one throw inexcusable INT's and look awful. Gruden said it best last night after that lousy INT (not the AJ Green drop)-"These are just throws a 5th year franchise QB can't make". Of course, I suppose Brett Favre was like that one won a super bowl...

Out of curiosity - I'm sure we don't have any Bengal fans here, as they only seem to crawl out around game time, for some reason - does anyone know the salary cap situation of the Bengals? AJ Green is next up with a big contract, right, and they're already giving big money to Dalton, and Atkins. I'm sure if they're all that, some other players I don't know about will be on big money, or leave for big money.

Just curious.

I read somewhere that the Bengals are waiting to see what kind of contract Julio Jones will get before they negotiate with AJ Green.

Yes, I did... The good news for Cinci from that game is that in 2 weeks all teams are 0-0. The bad news is that they mailed this game in... something I am sure Marvin is pointing out to them.

Marpet played in the 2nd half at RG. Saw him beaten once when DT reversed an outside shoulder rush with an inside spin. Otherwise he looked solid and very smooth on the move. The Bucs depth chart has Ali behind Gilkey at present. Bit surprised at that as I read a while ago that Garrett was not looking that good in camp.

Also watched my 2013 sleeper, AJ... kid started slow, but warmed up and looked good for a player who missed his rookie season.

Yes, I did... The good news for Cinci from that game is that in 2 weeks all teams are 0-0. The bad news is that they mailed this game in... something I am sure Marvin is pointing out to them.

Marpet played in the 2nd half at RG. Saw him beaten once when DT reversed an outside shoulder rush with an inside spin. Otherwise he looked solid and very smooth on the move. The Bucs depth chart has Ali behind Gilkey at present. Bit surprised at that as I read a while ago that Garrett was not looking that good in camp.

Also watched my 2013 sleeper, AJ... kid started slow, but warmed up and looked good for a player who missed his rookie season.

I do know watching Marpet brought a tear to both of our eyes but did you see who was to his right @ RT Penn States rookie Donovan Smith looks Huge and will be interesting to watch what the rt. side can do now for their running game? Guess we shall see this wkend.

Archived