THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs set franchise record with 58th win

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Cavs set franchise record with 58th win

LeBron James and these Cleveland Cavaliers have risen to the top. James scored 22 points with 11 assists and made all the right moves in the closing minutes as the too-tough-at-home Cavaliers set a franchise record with their 58th win -- and 10th straight -- by beating the New Jersey Nets 98-87 on Tuesday night.

Guest ATENEARS

James joins Robertson in prestigious club

LeBron James moved into the Big O's neighborhood. With a layup early in the first quarter Wednesday night against New Jersey, Cleveland's superstar joined Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson as the only players in NBA history to post 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists in a season at least four times.

Guest ATENEARS

With 11 games left in the regular season, the Cavs already have surpassed the club mark of 57 wins shared by the 1988-89 and 1991-92 teams, when Brad Daugherty, Mark Price and Co. could beat anyone in the Eastern Conference except Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls.

Cleveland, also improved to an NBA-best 33-1 at home.

With 11 games left in the regular season, the Cavs already have surpassed the club mark of 57 wins shared by the 1988-89 and 1991-92 teams, when Brad Daugherty, Mark Price and Co. could beat anyone in the Eastern Conference except Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls.

Cleveland, also improved to an NBA-best 33-1 at home.

Good thing is, no more Jordan. “Well, I guess there’s only one thing left to do… win the whole xxxxing thing.” -Jake Taylor

LETS GO CAVS

James joins Robertson in prestigious club

LeBron James moved into the Big O's neighborhood. With a layup early in the first quarter Wednesday night against New Jersey, Cleveland's superstar joined Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson as the only players in NBA history to post 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists in a season at least four times.

Great stat. I've hated the triple double lately, when guys are intentionally missing layups to get 10 rebounds and throwing stupid passes for 10 assists...and one of my least favorite NBA players Jason Kidd getting put in the same sentence as Wilt because of their triple doubles, even though Wilt was getting 50 points, 20 boards and 10 assists while Kidd perfects the 10-10-10 on 40% shooting. Anyway. I love seeing all three categories like that and just adds more to how historic a player LeBron is and is going to be.

It's been great watching the team this year and I can't wait to see them in the playoffs.

And I might as well throw out....the Columbus Blue Jackets also set a franchise record with 38 wins (and counting) and looking at their first ever postseason....very good team to watch, hopefully some of you guys check them out in the playoffs.

Archived