THE BROWNS BOARD

HOW ABOUT THIS THEORY WITH FAVRE?

Riffer X

Not sure the exact cap ramifications of stockpiling 7 to 10 picks in the first three rounds, but this Favre thing has me wondering.

What if they are working on bringing him out of retirement for one more year and moving both Quinn and Anderson? They would take Sanchez to be groomed under Favre for a year at five and fill more needs. Perhaps Edwards would go too for cap reasons or the other option would be to hang onto him if they do move both QB's, since Crabtree would then be out of the equation. If they could get somebody like Reggie Brown and another second for Edwards, they still could pull the trigger on that also.

I could also see guys like Pool being dealt, he's another on the injury prone list with his concussion issues and people seem to forget Edwards had reconstructive surgery done early on in his career. They seem to be into ridding themselves of the injury problems and moving forward with affordable and veteran gap filler guys, which would be a perfect scenario to groom a bunch of second rounders at need positions for a year.

I really have no clue what these guys are thinking and what they're up to, but it sure seems like they can do this housecleaning right if they choose to. I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on, but I could live with that scenario because I like Sanchez a lot. It would definitely make it really interesting, a helluva lot more interesting than another year of arguing over who should start at QB.

Some in the Cleveland media (WKNR) are convinced Mankok doesn't like Quinn for lack of arm strength and DA for being, well, DA. I don't agree with those assessments, but these guys have free rein apparently, so who knows.

Not sure the exact cap ramifications of stockpiling 7 to 10 picks in the first three rounds, but this Favre thing has me wondering.

What if they are working on bringing him out of retirement for one more year and moving both Quinn and Anderson? They would take Sanchez to be groomed under Favre for a year at five and fill more needs. Perhaps Edwards would go too for cap reasons or the other option would be to hang onto him if they do move both QB's, since Crabtree would then be out of the equation. If they could get somebody like Reggie Brown and another second for Edwards, they still could pull the trigger on that also.

I could also see guys like Pool being dealt, he's another on the injury prone list with his concussion issues and people seem to forget Edwards had reconstructive surgery done early on in his career. They seem to be into ridding themselves of the injury problems and moving forward with affordable and veteran gap filler guys, which would be a perfect scenario to groom a bunch of second rounders at need positions for a year.

I really have no clue what these guys are thinking and what they're up to, but it sure seems like they can do this housecleaning right if they choose to. I don't see how they can think Quinn is not the guy with nothing to base it on, but I could live with that scenario because I like Sanchez a lot. It would definitely make it really interesting, a helluva lot more interesting than another year of arguing over who should start at QB.

Some in the Cleveland media (WKNR) are convinced Mankok doesn't like Quinn for lack of arm strength and DA for being, well, DA. I don't agree with those assessments, but these guys have free rein apparently, so who knows.

Favre can't play for the Browns, Dawson wears #4 !

i hate brett favre.

he's a media whore who deflects criticism with the false pretense of being an aw shucks good ol' boy who just loves to play football when really he's a self-centered bratty bitch. i want him nowhere near my team, especially with his obviously eroding skills that make his questionable decisionmaking all the less forgivable at this point in his career.

i hate brett favre.

he's a media whore who deflects criticism with the false pretense of being an aw shucks good ol' boy who just loves to play football when really he's a self-centered bratty bitch. i want him nowhere near my team, especially with his obviously eroding skills that make his questionable decisionmaking all the less forgivable at this point in his career.

Written beautifully. I agree whole heartedly.

What if they are working on bringing him out of retirement for one more year and moving both Quinn and Anderson?

Why not.....it's as possible as any other idea or thought being floated.

No. xxxx that. If Brett Favre plays here, I'll root for him to be injured. I liked him until he started pulling the will I/won't I media crybaby thing.

Go away, Brett Favre, just go away.

Favre would come to the Browns as a mentor to both Da and Quinn in Mangini's Jets offense. Favre played for the Jets... it would

be cool to have Favre's help - a jumpstart in training camp for both quarterbacks.

Favre would come to the Browns as a mentor to both Da and Quinn in Mangini's Jets offense. Favre played for the Jets... it would

be cool to have Favre's help - a jumpstart in training camp for both quarterbacks.

On the one hand, you are right.

On the other, Quinn is now in year 3 and Anderson is in year 4. They should be past the point of needing mentoring.

I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

Good God you are so predictable now it's not even interesting anymore. I knew for a fact that you would cherry pick this exact quote out of the whole post.

Keep up the good work Lumsford, we may have another love song or two coming your way soon. I know you miss those and truthfully, so do I.

Meanwhile, your Serial Drive Killer continues to demand a stack of pancakes in trade offers, which is why they have to move both......maybe.

Shawn Kemp had more trade value when he weighed as much as Shaq than Dexter Anderson does right now.............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

Guest Masters
I have found the source of all your misunderstandings.

Here's an FYI to get you caught up: Quinn had three starts. Looked like shit. You may have missed it.....

LMFAO.... Yup, in his one healthy start he posted a 100+ QBR and his team put 30+ on the board. Yeah, that's looking like shit.

Based on your ass backwards analysis, you must have thought DA looked great against BALT both times.

.............that was a Cleveland reference BTW, you probably don't get the parallel.

Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

Guest Masters
Riff when you know ahead of time that you're gonna get called out for posting BQ-luvin bullshit it means you KNOW you're a flamer.

Um... it was only BQ-luvin BS when you take one sentence out of context, like you did. Which is what he said he knew you would do.

Once again, not the brightess bulb.

Yeah them Oregoners don't know nuthin 'bout Shawn Kemp.....hey where'd he end up after Cleveland anyways?

He ended up with 17 kids and holes in his heart from all the crack and coke he did.

Lumdum gets the red ass more than any other poster on this board by far, and lets be honest for a guy who gets verbally abused on a daily basis and comes back for more has to have issues, but he punches his time card every day, and every day leaves more embarassed and less like a man everyday.

And he still won't take my bet because he's a huge pussy...

What bet? I must of missed this?

I decided to put Lum on the spot and see how much he really believed all his bullshit about DA being way better than Quinn and proposed a very simple bet.

If there was a head to head camp battle between DA and BQ I said that BQ would win hands down because DA pisses himself whenever there is any pressure of any kind (see his camp battle with charlie frye) So the bet was very simple. If BQ wins the camp battle and is named starter Lumbergh would have to leave this board forever, if DA won the camp battle and was named the starter I would leave the board forever.

He declined the bet, basically a complete and total admission that in his heart of hearts he knows BQ to be the better QB and the better man. All this posturing is BQ-phobic measures to keep people from knowing how he betrayed his first manlove for a better manlover....

Lumburg can't do that, this is Friday night for him.

DA does piss himself when he get pressure, but Quinn doesn't have enough piss to piss himself under pressure. All in all though, BQ will win the QB battle. He is sick of sitting on the bench watching DA throw 100 mph screens.

Archived