THE BROWNS BOARD

Crabtree cast removed

ballpeen

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

By Gil Brandt | NFL.com

Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree, who recently had foot surgery to repair a slight stress fracture on his left foot, had his cast removed Tuesday.

The cast was taken off by Dr. Carey in Dallas, nearly three weeks after Dr. Robert Anderson performed the surgery at the Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte, N.C. on March 4.

The operation was a success and the original report said Crabtree would be sidelined for 10 weeks. Crabtree will remain in a walking boot for another week and is expected to be back on his feet at that point.

One of the most productive wideouts in college football with the Red Raiders, Crabtree is expected by most observers to go in the top half of the draft.

His timetable for recovery should give him plenty of time to be ready for traning camp in July.

Really, I thought he was going to leave it on all season. Who cares...

It's a football board son. If you don't care, fine.

Just a FYI for those who follow and understand the game.

It's a football board son. If you don't care, fine.

Just a FYI for those who follow and understand the game.

Sorry Thurston. You're so wise, someone breaks a bone in their body, they get a cast put on and it comes off. Good thing we got that cleared up. I thought that it went the other way around.

Sorry Thurston. You're so wise, someone breaks a bone in their body, they get a cast put on and it comes off. Good thing we got that cleared up. I thought that it went the other way around.

Yeah, I mean it's not like we are considering drafting this guy or anything. :rolleyes:

And seeing how our other two primary receivers had wheel problems last season, this kind of thing might be important.

It sets the clock/timetable for recovery for those of us able to keep more than 1 thought at a time in our heads.

sounds like you want to spread your brand of smartassism to the board and believe me we have our share allready .

Peen was sharing , what do you call what you're doing ?

Makes sense to me to keep an eye on this situation. We don't consider drafting him and BE walks in after this year who we got? Steptoe, Heiden and Hubbard? So yea taking of his cast might not be a big deal to some but it makes sense to me that we can start the clock on his rehab like legacy stated above.

Entertaining.

actually this explains alot......trolls normally can't keep it under wraps for long.

sounds like your little business isn't booming with all the time you have to spend here. dont worry though....i'll be paying your housing soon.

You laughed at the "joke" or the poor compilation skills?

I naturally took the time to dumb it down for you considering yor mostly negative slant on things . I just figured you were stupid .

And your STUPID continuation of this thread proves me out .

Have a nice one cup cake

I just wanted to ask a quick question. Do you thik Crabtree is going in the top 5? i mean i love this guy and he is one of the only reasons i watched t tech football games, but i just have a feeling that he's going to get passed on. A little because of the sergery and because of the detroit lions factor with wr's.

Let me know what you think.

I just wanted to ask a quick question. Do you thik Crabtree is going in the top 5? i mean i love this guy and he is one of the only reasons i watched t tech football games, but i just have a feeling that he's going to get passed on. A little because of the sergery and because of the detroit lions factor with wr's.

This is what I've been thinking. There is no dount that the Detroit Lions has changed the way some organizations thinking on drafting a WR so high. They have talked about it everywhere and often. From ESPN to the NFL network. It's a factor to be sure. Personally, I'm not big on big time WR's taking a team to a championship.

But in the same breathe I have to say I'm thinking the feeling about Crabtree may be different. The Detroit lessons may not come in to play with this kid. I have heard Mayhock rave about this guy. I have a LOT of faith in Mayhock and his ability to judge talent. He's basically said that Crabtree would be a safe pick anywhere because he is that good.

Archived